Vice President, Investor Relations & Corporate Communications
San Diego, California
About Evoke Canale:
Evoke Canale is an integrated communications agency specializing in biopharma, digital health and genomics/tools providers. Our services include corporate communications, public relations, investor relations, social media, content creation, website development and creative services. We work shoulder to shoulder with innovators and entrepreneurs who are creating the future of medicine, helping them communicate their stories to investors, pharma partners, employees, physicians and patients. We are looking for a full-time Vice President of Investor Relations and Corporate Communications to join our growing team and work with several exciting clients. Evoke Canale is a specialty agency within Evoke Group, a global brand, experience, and communications platform, purpose-built to make health more human™.
About the Role:
The VP of Investor Relations and Corporate Communications will be uniquely positioned to engage with several audiences: biopharma clients, investment community, Evoke Canale staff, and occasionally with the broader network of Evoke agencies. You will develop and implement investor communications strategy for biopharma clients and will mentor other communications specialists within the agency. Investor relations is a unique offering at Evoke Canale and a coveted resource to the broader Evoke network of agencies serving biopharma companies big and small. You will be a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit, eager to develop relationships with clients and members of the financial community, and to contribute to the growth of our IR practice.
You will have extensive experience working with the CEO and CFO of life science organizations to understand and better explain the story they are telling to the investment community. You are experienced in the structure and development of investor presentations, quarterly financial communications, and binary clinical data press releases. Vice presidents at Evoke Canale serve as mentors and leaders to team members, and help build high-powered, results-oriented account teams. Vice Presidents are exposed to the many facets of the biotech and life science ecosystem and have the opportunity to flex their creative problem-solving skills using all the resources of the agency in the strategic communications process.
- Lead investor relations programs for important client accounts, serve as a daily client contact for select biotech and life sciences companies
- Develop and maintain best practices for the Agency's investor relations offering
- Maintain relationships with the financial community and gather insights and trends to inform investor relations strategy
- Translate corporate narratives and complex science into compelling presentations for investor meetings, quarterly earnings reporting and investor events/webinars
- Manage teams to create, execute and delegate tactical implementation of all activities related to corporate communications, including media relations, thought leadership, patient advocacy, content development and digital/visual campaigns
- Champion junior staff on multiple tasks and help in their ongoing growth and development
- 10+ years' experience in the life sciences/biopharma industry working in investor relations, finance or on Wall Street. Science background preferred (i.e. B.S., M.S., Ph.D.)
- Experience with business writing
- Revel in anticipating clients' needs and creatively solve problems
- Be a voracious consumer of news and financial data in order to track industry trends relevant to clients and life sciences industry
Evoke is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at Evoke are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Evoke will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Evoke is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D. We appreciate your interest in our company, however; only qualified candidates will be considered.
Don't meet every job requirement? That's okay! Our company is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you're excited about this role, but your experience doesn't perfectly fit every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right person for this role or others.