Account Manager/Senior Account Manager - Incisive Health International
Evoke Incisive Health
London, United Kingdom
About Evoke Incisive Health
Evoke Incisive Health is a global, award-winning health policy and public affairs consultancy.
At Evoke Incisive Health, we help our clients understand fast-paced health policy environments and advise them on how they can cut through the noise with their policy and communications strategies. We are creative, ambitious and dedicated and if you are too, then we can offer you a sector-leading opportunity to grow your skills and expertise.
The International health policy team works with global and regional healthcare companies and organisations to support global policy landscaping, policy and public affairs strategy and narrative development, policy research and report writing, global policy engagement and advocacy coalition building and capability development for different policy teams. We deliver the results that matter for our clients and - ultimately - for the patients they serve.
In 2021 we joined the Evoke group, allying with healthcare PR, marketing, advertising and digital agencies to multiply the impact of healthcare communications for our clients.
You have a passion for global health policy, politics and public affairs, having studied international relations, or global public health and worked on regional or international projects in health policy team. You are curious about the issues and forces that drive health policy change across the world and like learning about new diseases in different geographies. You have strong research, analysis and writing skills and would relish the opportunity of working across different projects in a fast-paced consultancy environment. You are confident and driven with strong interpersonal and communication skills. As the successful applicant, you must be able to demonstrate initiative and problem solving while maintaining high attention to detail.
What’s the job?
As an Account Manager/Senior Account Manager, you will be an essential part of a team working with clients across a wide range of issues and challenges. Our clients are diverse, ranging from global health organisations to global pharmaceutical companies, but they are united by the shared aim of improving the lives of patients and populations around the world.
The broad scope of our clients’ interests means that no two days are the same - from day one you will be hands-on in helping to deliver a wide range of projects, involving anything from organising a side event at the World Health Summit, to supporting a global healthcare company develop their strategy to reduce inequalities in treatment access.
Our Account Managers are responsible for:
- Keeping abreast of all major policy and political developments through news and political feed monitoring; and proactively sharing them with the wider team
- Providing rapid alerts to internal teams and clients about monitoring items of interest, and coordinating with junior members of the team to do so
- Ensuring materials used by clients to support engagement strategies (such as biographies, talking points and stakeholder maps) are reviewed regularly, are current and of high quality
- Managing the day-to-day operations of client projects, including – as appropriate – responding to client requests in a timely way, appropriately delegating tasks to junior colleagues and sighting senior members of the team on matters in need of their attention
- Working with AEs and SAEs to support the logistics of client meetings (including room bookings, catering, preparation and circulation of papers before and following meetings)
- Reviewing draft materials, and also taking the lead on drafting documents, for clients
- Implementing client programmes, working under the direction of the client team lead and with the support of the wider client team. Start to lead on specific elements of client programmes
- Undertaking background research and supporting the development of materials to inform new business purposes and proactively participating in new business pitches
- Networking in policy and political fields to develop contacts and capture business intelligence
- Actively promoting and participating in agency workstreams or other non-account initiatives as appropriate including Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and Health and Safety
At Senior Account Manager level, you will also be responsible for:
- Identifying a specific area of policy which you would like to develop expertise in and taking action to build your knowledge
- Finding organic growth opportunities and working with senior colleagues to develop proposals
- Supporting the development of materials for new business purposes
- Nurturing the development of members of the junior team and actively supporting them to progress as consultants
What is it like to work at Evoke Incisive Health?
At Evoke Incisive Health we pride ourselves on a culture that supports team well-being as well as business excellence. We are mindful to create a work environment that supports colleagues’ home as well as their professional lives – with supportive paternity and maternity packages and respectful working hours practices. We have a dynamic working policy that enables colleagues more flexibility about when and where they work, with collaboration days where we bring everyone to the office to enable joint working, thinking and socialising. As a member of the Evoke group, we benefit from the expertise of a central Diversity, Equality and Inclusion (DE&I) function, supporting us to build a strong and welcoming team from different backgrounds and experiences.
What opportunities are there for development?
At Evoke Incisive Health we are as ambitious for ourselves as we are for our clients. From the moment you join our team you will be supported and encouraged to develop your talents in your own interest areas and challenged to discover and hone new areas of expertise, through projects in different sectors of healthcare or new geographies.
Our offer includes formal training programmes, a personal training budget, regular opportunities to hear from expert speakers, and most importantly the opportunity to work with and learn from a senior team that has helped to drive some of the most significant health policy change in recent times. As a leader in the business yourself, you will be supported on how to coach and mentor the next generation of Evoke Incisive Health leaders and on how to lead diverse teams with confidence.