Social Media Manager
Evoke KYNE is an award-winning communications agency that harnesses insight, experience and creativity to advance health and wellbeing around the world. We were founded on the belief that communication is a powerful health intervention. Our team is passionate and committed, with deep experience working across sectors to make real differences in health. We love what we do, we live what we do, and we truly believe in what we do.
We are currently seeking a Social Media Manager to join our growing team, reporting to the Director or Vice President on the team. This is an opportunity to support social programming and content development efforts for healthcare and pharmaceutical clients, using your communications skillset and experience to improve health and make a difference.
Based in New York, this is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced, growing global company.
- Begins building client counsel and relationship management skills through regular / appropriate interaction during client update calls, team meetings, etc.
- Develops deep understanding of clients’ business, unique needs and mindset of target populations
- Serves as day-to-day support team member on multiple client accounts
- Acts as liaison with company partners and vendors on client projects with little oversight
- Collaborate with senior members of the social media team to develop social strategies including channel and content strategy and pillars
- Effectively communicate creative concepts and ideas to clients
- Can successfully manage assigned project workstreams independently/with little oversight and provides progress updates to team members proactively
- Contributes to tactical planning on assigned social media projects and begins to develop social strategies
- Develop thought leadership pieces and client POVs
- Helps ensure social and influencer programs are compliant with FDA and FTC regulations
- Participates in new business brainstorms and conducts research on new business projects
- Takes on a supporting role in evolving agency social media capabilities
- Educates agency and client teams on utility of social media and latest advancements and trends
- Helps develop and attend agency new business presentations
- Takes the initiative in seeking training on company processes/procedures
Leadership & Teamwork
- Displays an ongoing willingness to gain knowledge and make significant contributions to the team
- Mentors and enhances skills of social team
- Demonstrates initiative and resourcefulness and attempts to work through issues collaboratively or independently as appropriate
- Demonstrates flexibility in working across teams and ability to adapt to project needs, different team working styles, etc.
- Works closely and collaboratively with junior team members, serving as a role model and helping to mentor and provide direction on projects as needed
- Effectively partners with account teams to meet client needs, clearly communicating project objectives, direction and timing
- Actively supports company values and an inclusive culture
- Write and reviews social content calendars, copy and creative to ensure optimal delivery and effectiveness
- Takes the lead in developing a variety of materials including community management guides/SOPs and external community guidelines
- Maintain relationships with platform reps and vendors
- Encourages and responds to feedback from manager and team members
- Takes opportunities to lead in client interactions to further develop client communication skills
DESIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, marketing, digital, business or health / science related field or equivalent experience
- 4-6 years’ communications or related marketing / advocacy / digital / social / health experience; partnership, US/global health issues or health product communications experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build cross-functional relationships
- Demonstrated experience working across social platforms and executing programs supporting corporate, branded and unbranded healthcare and lifestyle initiatives
- Direct experience working across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Snapchat, YouTube, Google Analytics, with general understanding of paid social and organic/user-generated content campaigns
- Works collaboratively as part of a team
- Innovative thinker and creative problem solver
- Shows an entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong attention to detail
- Possesses strong organizational and project management skills
- Superb internal and external communications skills (verbal, written, listening)
- Strong time management skills, able to balance multiple priorities
- Solid research skills
- Resourceful and proactively seeks solutions to challenges
- Knowledge of FDA social media guidelines and FTC influencer guidelines
- Working knowledge of paid social media strategies and capabilities
- Experience with Netbase or similar social listening platform
- Passionate about improving lives through innovations in health
Evoke is a global brand, experience, and communications agency platform, purpose-built to make health more humanTM
We’re a dynamic global healthcare platform of comprised of practice areas and speciality agencies – adaptive, agile and designed around our clients. We provide frictionless access to a uniquely comprehensive offering and one of the industry’s deepest and most dynamic collections of talent. We use data-driven insights, creativity, and applied innovation to solve the most complex of problems in our marketplace. Our digital-first perspective means we can unlock the potential of today and shape tomorrow.
Evoke KYNE is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or qualified job applicants on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, creed, color, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, citizenship, disability, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Don't meet every job requirement? That's okay! Our company is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you're excited about this role, but your experience doesn't perfectly fit every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right person for this role or others.