Senior Vice President
Evoke Kyne is an award-winning communications agency that harnesses insight, experience and creativity to advance health and wellbeing around the world. We are part of Evoke, a global brand, experience, and communications agency platform, purpose-built to make health more human. TM
We are currently seeking a Senior Vice President to join our growing team. The Senior Vice President will serve as the senior strategic client relationship leader across key engagements for the business and will also support development of the overall strategic direction of the company and drive new business efforts.
Based in New York, this is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced, growing global company.
- Responsible for budget forecasting, overall team composition, contracts, client reviews, annual planning, issues resolution, etc.
- Sought out by clients for advice / counsel, external perspective and coaching
- Serves as facilitator for client workshops and events, including speaker training sessions, multi-stakeholder convening initiatives, internal messaging workshops, etc.
- Assesses accounts on an ongoing basis for their strategic alignment to the mission of the agency
- Leads development of staff plans and actively partners with regional lead in resource and salary planning
Business Development & Operations
- Contributes suggestions and feedback to the overarching company strategy / annual goals
- Drives new business growth through cultivation of new client relationships and exploration of organic business growth
- Continuously drives recommendations on areas to explore for new business potential or company growth opportunities
- Flawlessly executes on new business proposals and presentations
- Possesses financial acumen and can appropriately manage and advise on utilization/billability targets, account profitability, etc.
- Drives creative solutions and presents new opportunities to improve the firm’s performance and competitive advantage / differentiation
- Embraces and values change and is driven to evolve to meet new opportunities
- Shows thorough understanding of current issues in domestic and global health, translating knowledge into meaningful guidance/counsel for internal teams and clients
- Enhances agency offerings and staff engagement through honing and promoting niche skills/area of interest (i.e., business development, internal communications, crisis communications, marketing, etc.)
- Leads internal communications efforts for agreed upon areas of responsibility/expertise
- Identifies gaps in team communications (internal and external) and proactively proposes solutions to address
- Shares core areas of expertise with internal team and as thought leader in broader community
- Demonstrates high emotional intelligence and strong leadership presence
- Continuously motivates and leads large cross-functional internal teams to excellence
- Delivers all verbal communications with confidence to clients, teams and external stakeholders
Teamwork & Leadership
- Provides direct and constructive feedback to leadership team and junior team members/direct reports, leading them in development of fundamental skill sets (writing, research, logistics, etc.)
- Staffs business effectively and proactively seeks ways to identify, grow and retain top talent
- Responsible for oversight of staff engagement and productivity for direct reports; includes assessing hiring needs/recommendations, ongoing evaluation of staff climate, championing staff development and growth, advising on issues/course correction as necessary
- Role models company values and inspires an inclusive culture; drives diversity and inclusion objectives for the company
- Fosters a culture of collaboration, respect, and growth among account teams and greater agency
- Demonstrates ability to make difficult business decisions to deliver on company objectives and strategy
DESIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in communications, marketing, business or related health / science field or equivalent experience
- 12+ years’ communications experience or relevant experience in related field (e.g., marketing, advocacy or health/ science role dealing with public and private sector entities in global and/or domestic health) or relevant expertise in health sector (e.g., global public health organization, pharma, biotech, etc.)
- Consistent positive performance feedback across all internal teams and from clients
- Demonstrated track record of winning new business and organically growing existing accounts
- Proven managerial acumen
- Excellent problem solver and negotiation skills
- Handles conflict swiftly and appropriately
- Delivers and accepts feedback across all levels of the organization
- Has earned respect (internally and externally) and has a strong leadership presence
- Superb internal and external communications skills (verbal, written, listening)
- Positive, professional and flexible attitude that lends itself to quality client service
- Proven track record managing resources and budgets for large-scale client engagements
- Experience with media relations strategy and social media landscape; track record of delivering high quality and measurable results
- Demonstrates keen critical thinking skills and proactivity
- Recognized project management aptitude
- Shows an entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong attention to detail with mastered ability to manage multiple priorities
Evoke Kyne is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or qualified job applicants on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, creed, color, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, citizenship, disability, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Don't meet every job requirement? That's okay! Our company is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you're excited about this role, but your experience doesn't perfectly fit every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right person for this role or others.