London, United Kingdom
Evoke Kyne is an award-winning communications agency that harnesses insight, experience and creativity to advance health and wellbeing around the world. We were founded on the belief that communication and connection can help improve and save lives. Our team is passionate and committed, with deep experience working across sectors and disciplines to make a lasting impact in health. We are part of Evoke, a global brand, experience, and communications agency platform, purpose-built to make health more human.
We are currently seeking a Media Manager to join our growing team and to support earned media projects and programs as directed by the Vice-President of European Media, and other senior management on the team.
Based in London this is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced, growing global company and start Working Where You Work Best.
Your role as Media Manager:
As a Media Manager, you are serving as a day-to-day media contact for clients and account teams with little oversight from senior media leads. You are effectively collaborating with the account team as needed for client projects/deliverables and understand how communications/PR supports clients’ overarching objectives and strategies. You are honing your problem-solving skills and becoming a clear and consistent communicator both internally and externally.
It’s at this level that you begin to help manage media team workflow and delegation of tasks to team members, lead media trainings, proactively providing guidance and direction on projects as needed and taking on more of a media leadership role for new business opportunities. Furthermore, you are taking full ownership of multiple, larger-scale projects, spanning multiple client accounts, in addition to beginning to increase financial acumen when it comes to managing media-focused budgets and staffing allocation.
- Develop and deliver earned and paid media strategies around data milestones, congresses and thought leadership
- Act as the day-to-day liaison point for account teams and clients to identify and discuss media opportunities
- Research, identify and present key editorial opportunities that align with client objectives
- Lead on outreach across UK/EU trade and consumer media, with some overlap across US outlets
- Build and maintain relationships with editors/reporters at key trade and consumer media outlets
- Oversee the development of media monitoring protocols, incorporating platforms including Meltwater, Cision, Roxhill etc.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions
- Assist with tracking media expenditures to ensure agency and client budget compliance
- Keep abreast of changes in the UK media landscape and provide context to account teams and clients
- Attend internal and external meetings and presentations
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in health/science field, communications, journalism, or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years’ communications experience
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build cross functional relationships
- General understanding of social media platforms as well as web-based research tools
- Working knowledge of Cision, Quid, Meltwater and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Works collaboratively as part of a team
- Innovative thinker and creative problem solver
- Shows an entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong attention to detail
- Superb internal and external communication skills (verbal, written, listening)
- Possesses strong organizational and follow-up skills
- Able to develop project management skills
- Possesses strong time management skill, able to balance multiple priorities
- Solid research skills
- Passionate about improving lives through innovations in health
Don't meet every job requirement? That's okay! Our company is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you're excited about this role, but your experience doesn't perfectly fit every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right person for this role or others.