Vice President/Senior Vice President, Strategy - Communications
New York, NY
We are looking for a dynamic and strategic leader to join our PR/Communications agency as the Senior Vice President of Strategy. As a member of our leadership team, you will be responsible leading strategy development development for new business pursuits and key clients across the Evoke Communications platform. You are a seasoned strategist with a deep understanding of the PR and communications landscape, a proven track record of driving successful campaigns, and a passion for innovation.
Are you a proven, innovative Strategist who would be excited to work at a global PR/Comms agency with clients across the healthcare continuum including pharmaceutical, biotech, medtech and public health? Do you believe in challenging convention and bringing fresh perspectives to the table? Do you enjoy working in a collaborative, entrepreneurial environment? Do you have a passion for inspiring and nurturing great ideas that are anchored in data and analytics? Do you love the thrill of pitching new business and the satisfaction of strengthening and growing business with current clients? If so, then this is the perfect opportunity for you. Reports to the President.
- Lead research efforts in pursuit of actionable insights around main brand/opportunity challenges, audience beliefs, behaviors, and needs
- Mine provocative insights that form the basis for creative strategies and activations; work with Analytics team to curate data and enable insight generation
- Monitor and adapt strategies in response to market trends, competitive landscape, and latest opportunities
- Develop inspiring creative briefs
- Translate this knowledge into strategic and activation plans that address the right levers for an optimized mix of channels, tactics, content, and messages
- Collaborate with the Creative, Account, Media, Digital and Social teams on communications strategies and activations
- Support/foster an environment that encourages innovative ideas from team members and builds buy-in across the team
- Support/create strategic roadmaps that are prioritized based on business objectives and organizational feasibility
- Assist/develop and facilitate client-facing workshops and strategic planning exercises
- Be a trusted strategic partner to important clients, understanding their challenges and opportunities to provide strategic counsel
- Provide Strategy expertise in new business pitches
- Partner with clients on market research activities to inform a communications strategy
- 7+ years' experience in strategy/planning development for a PR/Comms or full service marketing agency
- Working knowledge of public relations and the integrated paid/earned/own approach central to the discipline
- Experience with core data and analytics tools including Netbase/Quid, Meltwater and Brandwatch along with the potential of data from native platforms (search and social) or licensed sources (DRG, Kantar, etc.)
- Great interpersonal skills, highly collaborative and creative
- Superb communications skills, both written and verbal/presentation
- Great at storytelling
If you have a passion for driving impactful PR and communications strategies, we invite you to apply for the role of Senior Vice President of Strategy at our dynamic and innovative agency. Join us in shaping the future of communications and making a lasting impact on our clients' success.
Don't meet every job requirement? That's okay! Our company is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you're excited about this role, but your experience doesn't perfectly fit every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right person for this role or others.