Associate Scientific Director
Cary, North Carolina
Who we are:
Evoke is a global brand, experience, and communications agency platform, purpose-built to make health more human. We’re a dynamic global healthcare platform of comprised of practice areas and specialty agencies – adaptive, agile and designed around our clients. We provide frictionless access to a uniquely comprehensive offering and one of the industry’s deepest and most dynamic collections of talent. We use data-driven insights, creativity, and applied innovation to solve the most complex of problems in our marketplace. Our digital-first perspective means we can unlock the potential of today and shape tomorrow.
About Evoke MicroMass:
We are a full-service agency with over 25 years of history supporting pharmaceutical and life science clients in optimizing patient outcomes through behavioral science. At Evoke MicroMass, we see behavior broadly— including what patients or providers think, feel, and do. We apply a unique combination of behavior-change strategies, compelling creative, and digital innovation to marketing that address the behavioral barriers that often get in the way of an optimal experience.
About the Role:
This position is primarily responsible for providing high quality medical writing / medical communications deliverables with minimal direction. The Associate Scientific Strategist will also help provide education and medical information support to internal teams and will help ensure accuracy of medical content within agency deliverables. This position will also provide scientific strategy and direction internally for Evoke Micromass as well as external clients and other stakeholders to ensure alignment of medical content and behavioral strategies and tactics. The Associate Scientific Director will also contribute to the development and mentorship of other team members as needed.
- Independently function as primary medical content strategist and clinical resource in 1 to 2 business units with minimal supervision
- Collaborate with brand/marketing strategy and behavioral strategy teams to understand clinical and market landscapes, treatment journeys, and patient and provider mindsets
- Provide medical expertise and/or content to agency teams in order to ensure a high degree of accuracy and quality
- Collaborate with agency teams to ensure medical content and messaging are aligned and complimentary with behavioral strategies and tactics
- Attend medical conferences and advisory boards and conduct competitive intelligence on an as-needed basis and provide comprehensive summaries
- Support training, mentorship, and peer review of junior team members
- Support team as needed for strategic planning, new business, etc
- PhD, PharmD, or MD (PhD in medical related field preferred)
- ≥4 years of medical communications experience (agency or other creative environment preferred)
- Experience in developing scientific content (eg, slides, ad boards, disease state education); experience providing direction to and working with creative team(s) helpful
- Experience in reading and interpreting prescribing information and clinical studies for a variety of audiences
- Ability to handle multiple timelines and work independently with minimal additional training
- Attention to detail and ability to deliver and oversee creation of accurate work of high quality
- Experience in ≥2 therapeutic areas
- Experience in effectively educating non-medical personnel about complex medical conditions
- Experience working with clients and a variety of stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong medical research skills
- Willingness to travel (~10%)
Why Evoke MicroMass?
As a fast-growing agency in a highly competitive market, hiring the right talent makes all the difference. At Evoke MicroMass we understand that changing lives takes time, commitment and talent. We value collaboration and diversity of thought and we rely on the power of behavioral science fueled by our imaginations. At our core we believe that changing the lives for our clients and our community is possible.
Our Core Values:
- No one is here by mistake.
- Curiosity is the cure for stagnation.
- Good ideas can be great when we challenge each other to go further.
- You can be bold because behavioral science has your back.
- Patients are waiting – we can’t.
- Smart people, strong family, shared purpose.
Evoke is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at Evoke are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Evoke will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Evoke is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D. We appreciate your interest in our company, however; only qualified candidates will be considered.