Associate Director of Strategy
Cary, North Carolina
Who we are:
Evoke is a global brand, experience, and communications agency platform, purpose-built to make health more human. We’re a dynamic global healthcare platform of comprised of practice areas and specialty agencies – adaptive, agile and designed around our clients. We provide frictionless access to a uniquely comprehensive offering and one of the industry’s deepest and most dynamic collections of talent. We use data-driven insights, creativity, and applied innovation to solve the most complex of problems in our marketplace. Our digital-first perspective means we can unlock the potential of today and shape tomorrow.
About Evoke MicroMass:
We are a full-service agency with over 25 years of history supporting pharmaceutical and life science clients in optimizing patient outcomes through behavioral science. At Evoke MicroMass, we see behavior broadly— including what patients or providers think, feel, and do. We apply a unique combination of behavior-change strategies, compelling creative, and digital innovation to marketing that address the behavioral barriers that often get in the way of an optimal experience.
About the Role:
The ADS position serves as a leadership role within the Strategy team by delivering both high quality/exemplary work for our life science industry clients and facilitating growth of department capabilities, skills, processes and approaches in order to enhance our offerings in the marketplace. The person in this role has a broad understanding of marketplace needs, a demonstrated grasp of
opportunities that can advance agency capabilities, and the ability to adapt to changing needs of clients and the industry.
As an ADS, you are the hub around which strategy on the account rotates, helping the process and being a source of inspiration and reference for the account/s you help drive forward. You help drive direction set by Strategy Director and VP of Strategy for how excellent our strategic product is, and you help those more junior to reach that bar. You’re expected by the client and creatives to deliver strategic thinking that answers their business problems, and for being a champion of our creative excellence as an agency. You are seasoned at managing multiple projects and clients to a very high degree of quality. You are an inspirational presenter. You’re a voice of authority within the agency, and you push the strategic discipline forward. Most importantly, you’re a leader that leads to effective collaboration across many different working styles and perspectives.
- Proactively anticipating client needs and helping to inform and develop new approaches, ideas, and services
- Drive thought leadership and serve as a go-to subject matter expert for a strategic point-of-view
on a specific client challenges or marketplace dynamics
- Oversee the brand and communications direction of an account in partnership with the Account Lead and Creative Lead
- Create and steward brand strategies, clearly defining them and building them over multiple
- Own the strategic vision and creative output for assigned business
- Frame thinking and place in its proper context by:
Isolating the real business problems a brand and communications can affect.
Isolating the roles of the brand, communication, and communication channels within business plans—thinking for tomorrow and not just today.
- Deeply understanding the client business and what makes it tick
- Champion the brand purpose and ensure that it lives across all key touch-points and communications
- Identify additional opportunities for the growth of assigned accounts, both in the world and within the agency
- Forge relationships with internal members of senior leadership, across disciplines and departments (Creative, Account, etc.)
- Be the strategic voice and oversee the strategic efficacy of the work in creative reviews
- Track and monitor the success of campaign and accounts and manage the award submission process
- Develop the skills of and mentor junior team members
- Minimum 10 years total business experience is required, agency experience is preferred
- A minimum of 5 years in healthcare marketing or communications experience is required, with
demonstrated career progress focused on expanding engagement and driving innovation
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Marketing or a related business
- Experience developing successful healthcare marketing strategies and execution plans is
- Digital marketing expertise is preferred with a focus on leveraging user insights, developing
strategies into a digital tactical plan and executing in a multi-platform ecosystem
- Demonstrated people management experience is required
- Must have strong communication skills as well as be able to present marketing and strategic
plans to key client decision makers
- Demonstrated leadership in a cross-functional, collaborative environment is required.
- Demonstrated mastery and proven track record of delivering creatively inspiring, business driving
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively
- Deep understanding of the roles of brands, communications and communication channels
within business plans
- Experience isolating the real business problems of a client business that a brand and
communications strategy can affect
- Expertise leading new business opportunities
Why Evoke MicroMass?
As a fast-growing agency in a highly competitive market, hiring the right talent makes all the difference. At Evoke MicroMass we understand that changing lives takes time, commitment and talent. We value collaboration and diversity of thought and we rely on the power of behavioral science fueled by our imaginations. At our core we believe that changing the lives for our clients and our community is possible.
Our Core Values:
- No one is here by mistake.
- Curiosity is the cure for stagnation.
- Good ideas can be great when we challenge each other to go further.
- You can be bold because behavioral science has your back.
- Patients are waiting – we can’t.
- Smart people, strong family, shared purpose.
Evoke is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at Evoke are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Evoke will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Evoke is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D. We appreciate your interest in our company, however; only qualified candidates will be considered.