Vice President, Strategy
Cary, North Carolina
Who we are:
Evoke is a global brand, experience, and communications agency platform, purpose-built to make health more human. We’re a dynamic global healthcare platform of comprised of practice areas and specialty agencies – adaptive, agile and designed around our clients. We provide frictionless access to a uniquely comprehensive offering and one of the industry’s deepest and most dynamic collections of talent. We use data-driven insights, creativity, and applied innovation to solve the most complex of problems in our marketplace. Our digital-first perspective means we can unlock the potential of today and shape tomorrow.
About Evoke MicroMass:
We are a full-service agency with over 25 years of history supporting pharmaceutical and life science clients in optimizing patient outcomes through behavioral science. At Evoke MicroMass, we see behavior broadly— including what patients or providers think, feel, and do. We apply a unique combination of behavior-change strategies, compelling creative, and digital innovation to marketing that address the behavioral barriers that often get in the way of an optimal experience.
About the Role:
The VP, Strategy position serves as a senior leadership role within the Strategy team by delivering both high quality/exemplary work for our life science industry clients and facilitating growth of department and agency capabilities, skills, processes and approaches in order to enhance our offerings in the marketplace. The person in this role has a broad understanding of marketplace needs, a demonstrated grasp of opportunities that can advance agency capabilities, and the ability to adapt to changing needs of clients and the industry.
- Lead evolution and innovation: proactively anticipating client needs and helping to facilitate and develop new approaches, ideas, and services; leading internal improvements to processes so that we are optimizing the quality and efficiency of our work; motivating and mentoring others in the department and agency to enhance quality, creativity and innovative thinking
- Staff growth and development: Planning and fostering employee growth according to individual skill sets and agency/market needs
- Thought leadership: serve as a go-to subject matter expert for a strategic point-of-view on a specific client challenges or marketplace dynamics
- Strategic decision making: ability to make decisions that balance business need with evidence-base; invite challenging viewpoints to inform and improve decision making; ability to make decisions with sometimes incomplete information; leading discussions between internal teams and resolving conflict as necessary
- Influence and alignment: ability to articulate ideas, partner with internal teams to get buy-in and align on a core idea/approach
- Leadership in new business: in addition to acting as strategic lead for select new business pitches, also can act in consultative manner early on in the new business process, asking questions to uncover client needs and information needed to develop effective solutions
- 10+ years total business experience is required, agency experience is preferred.
- 5+ years in healthcare marketing or communications experience is required, with demonstrated career progress focused on expanding engagement and driving innovation
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Marketing or a related business field.
- Experience developing successful healthcare marketing strategies and execution plans is required.
- Digital marketing expertise is preferred with a focus on leveraging user insights, developing strategies into a digital tactical plan and executing in a multi-platform ecosystem.
- Demonstrated people management experience is required.
- Must have strong communication skills as well as be able to present marketing and strategic plans to key client decision makers
- Demonstrated leadership in a cross-functional, collaborative environment is required.
Why Evoke MicroMass?
As a fast-growing agency in a highly competitive market, hiring the right talent makes all the difference. At Evoke MicroMass we understand that changing lives takes time, commitment and talent. We value collaboration and diversity of thought and we rely on the power of behavioral science fueled by our imaginations. At our core we believe that changing the lives for our clients and our community is possible.
Our Core Values:
- No one is here by mistake.
- Curiosity is the cure for stagnation.
- Good ideas can be great when we challenge each other to go further.
- You can be bold because behavioral science has your back.
- Patients are waiting – we can’t.
- Smart people, strong family, shared purpose.
Evoke is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at Evoke are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Evoke will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Evoke is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D. We appreciate your interest in our company, however; only qualified candidates will be considered.