Associate Creative Director, Copy
In the journey of life, your career should make a difference.
We believe everyone has a purpose at Evoke, and it’s everyone’s role to make health more human™. When you join Evoke, you become part of a dynamic global healthcare platform. Organized by global practice areas and specialty agencies, we provide access to a uniquely comprehensive offering to solve the most complex of challenges in today’s healthcare market.
About the Opportunity
The Associate Creative Director, Copy (ACD Copy) is a team leader responsible for overseeing all copy development, ensuring overall quality of content and style to meet on our clients' strategies and objectives. The ACD Copy may work in partnership with the ACD Art to generate advertising campaigns that can support relevant tactics. As ACD Copy, you are expected to understand and contribute to the visual expression of the ideas you put forth. You are a master brand product information specialist and be able to approach Medical/Legal/Regulatory (MLR) review with forethought. ACD Copy reports to the Creative Director (CD). This is a remote opportunity (ET hours).
What you'll do:
- Structure a complete narrative across multiple touch points; write in several "voices" to suit client and audience.
- Understand the subtleties of the brief; anticipate problems and offers solutions; find ways to accomplish what needs to get done
- Collaborate with the Strategy and Behavioral leads to ensure work is on strategy and utilizes appropriate behavioral techniques and/or insights.
- Bring new ideas appropriate to our clients' marketing strategy and brand tone
- Concept and create campaigns for multiple channels
- Masters presentation skills with the goal of selling great work through storytelling; strong partner with their art cohort to present work that surprises and excites
- Support planning and strategy in the development of creative or project briefs
- Participate in the evolution of brand personality and positioning
- Oversee creativity, consistency and quality of creative developed on assigned accounts, from assigned teams
- Uphold process for manuscript management; ensure direct reports follow process.
- Drive creative team to explore extensions of campaign in tactical execution; comfortable mentoring direct reports on the needs of each channel
- Ensure assigned teams are following Agency requirements.
- Maintain awareness of budget requirements to insure the best visualization of the product while staying within budget limits; call out when work presented is beyond budget
- Work with CD/GCD to set priorities and manages workloads for direct reports and self
- Either leads or participates in day-to-day efforts on a pitch team, and attend pitches.
- Share industry best practices with team. Know what is trending.
- Participate in brand planning meetings with client. Collaborate with Planning and Strategy to establish and implement year-long strategic goals
- May be assigned to more than one account and is flexible enough to step in across the office as demands require
What you'll bring:
- 8+ years experience
- Pharma experience (both HCP and patient) is required
- Oncology experience preferable
- Write clear, cohesive creative copy for multiple channels (print, digital, broadcast)
- Strong presentation skills and an understanding client management, and creative negotiation
- Ability to oversee others executing multiple projects and manage complex projects assigned
- Ability to understand timelines and proposed budgets and provide actionable feedback
- Understand how to use and apply medical references and validate with Medical Editor partner ahead of MLR submissions
- Know AMA style
- Maintain an understanding of how work moves through the agency. Follow relevant agency Standard Operation Procedures (SOP)
- Understand the principles of production (print, online, broadcast etc.)
- Run full broadcast projects, print and video shoots along with ACD Art partner
- Viewed as a leader by your primary team. Become a trusted partner to account, strategy and project management counterparts
- Manage and engage team/freelancers, helping ensure the success of the whole team
- Responsible for training, reviewing and mentoring direct reports
- Work with CD/GCD to set priorities and manage workloads so assignments for team are completed within agreed to timeframes
- Valued by daily and lead clients
What we’ll do:
Our goal is to provide you with the best possible support in an environment where you will grow and thrive. Our culture is entrepreneurial – embracing the uniqueness of each individual. We aim to build an environment that is nurturing and inclusive and to ensure that you will have equal opportunities from the beginning of the recruitment process to the end of each day, every day.
Evoke provides an exciting and flexible work environment, great compensation packages and outstanding company paid benefits including medical, dental, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and flexible time off.
At Evoke we’re all in this together—to do the best work possible, in the best possible work place. Are you ready to join us?
Don't meet every job requirement? That's okay! Our company is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you're excited about this role, but your experience doesn't perfectly fit every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right person for this role or others.