Director, Brand Strategy
Evoke Mind + Matter
At the heart of the Matter.
We’re an agency of like-minded individuals who are at their core collaborative-creators, boundary-breakers, and tomorrow-makers. Being at Evoke Mind+Matter, we all have certain traits in common—not just because we as human beings share 99.9% of our DNA—but ways of being and conducting ourselves. It’s our intrinsic wiring. It’s what we cultivate into our extraordinary. Offer spark, not snark. Offer your best. Offer a smile. Offer compassion and connection. Ask for a hand as well as offering one.
You will be a part of a growing team of MatterMakers that shapes communication and marketing strategy across a broad range of healthcare clients.
Most importantly, your work will change lives for the better.
Your role as a Director, Brand Strategy, is responsible for strategic leadership on designated assignments (approximately 1-3 accounts depending on the size of business), driving insights-mining and brand-building efforts. This includes such primary activities as market research/insights generation, brand identity, positioning, creative brief and concept development, messaging architecture and workshop creation and facilitation.
Beyond primary activities, you will build strategic advisory relationships with important partners (internal and client), and through delivery of proactive strategic guidance. You will contribute to agency growth, through organic and new business participation. It will also include responsibility of direct reports.
- You will operate with advanced working knowledge of Brand Strategy, Creative Communication and Marketing.
- You will lead core brand strategy activities (as identified above) on their businesses without need for coaching, though recognizes when they can benefit from input from other team members/manager to push/enhance the work.
- You will occasionally lead new business/pitch efforts, though expected to consistently push organic growth opportunities within assigned business(es).
- You will participate in scoping exercises for their assigned business(es).
- You will build relationships within your business teams, both internally and with direct daily clients (Brand Management and Business Insights & Analytics).
- You will manage junior brand strategy team members (Junior Brand Strategist, Brand Strategist, Director Brand Strategy), either in an indirect mentoring capacity on shared business assignments or in a formal reporting structure.
- You will coordinate with manager/other Brand Strategy leads to provide response to changes in resourcing needs (peaks and valleys).
- You will identify opportunities and contribute to advancing craft programs (e.g. Brand Strategy processes).
- Inherently motivated to partner with other team players, across departments (account, creative, med/sci, engagement, other) to accomplish the highest potential for our shared work.
- Motivated to explore, discover and learn. Critiques own work, seeks feedback and prioritizes improvement with an eye towards growth.
- Demonstrate passion and creativity in approach to the work.
- Brings forward ideas, identifies opportunities for experimentation and ways to build on/adapt existing processes and tools to enrich our offerings.
- Enthusiastic, upholds values of respect and appreciation for differences.
- Able to proactively adjust style and approach to any situation.
Qualifications include (but are not limited to)
- 8+ years in Pharma / Healthcare marketing and communications
- University Degree, focus in Business or Science (Biology / Life Science, Behavioral Science, Psychology)
- Minimum of 4-6 years experience in Life Sciences/Pharmaceutical Marketing
- Broad range of therapeutic area expertise across both patient and HCP audiences
- Experience contributing to agency growth – organic and new business
- Experience leading both clients and our teams
- Masterful written, oral communication and presentation skills
- Experience providing marketing solutions and building a brand
Evoke provides an exciting and flexible work environment, great compensation packages and outstanding company paid benefits including medical, dental, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and flexible time off.
Don't meet every job requirement? That's okay! Our company is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you're excited about this role, but your experience doesn't perfectly fit every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right person for this role or others.