BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
The Business Development (BD) Manager is the day to day lead for assigned BD and marketing activity within their region. As a key lead for agency pitch and marketing activities, the BD Manager is focused on promoting the agency and our services, and plays a key role in the company’s bottom line. Working closely with the cross-geography BD team, the BD Manager will contribute to ensuring that the mission of MIND+MATTER is upheld and that both the strategic and business goals are realized.
Position within the agency:
The BD Manager will work in a highly collaborative team setting alongside team members from across the business to deliver truly integrated and measurable programs, helping the business to realize its BD goals. They are expected to work with a degree of individual accountability and will be required to work alongside agency leadership to deliver exceptional pitches and proposals to prospective clients.
The BD Manager will report directly to the Associate Director, BD. The post holder will be expected to work with colleagues, specifically the other members of the Mind+Matter BD team.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- To maintain and share in-depth knowledge of the agency’s pitch process, capabilities, culture and competition.
- To manage assigned opportunity/RFP and pitch response processes. This may include:
- Agency capabilities presentations
- RFI/RFP submissions
- Pitch choreography and orchestration
- Timeline and project management
- Agency point for new business inquiries
- To develop relationships with potential clients from outreach through pitch process.
- To partner with Associate Director, BD to evaluate new opportunities and lead management team in decision making.
- To partner with pitch teams, drive overall pitch deck development process and oversee completion of final presentation deliverables.
- To contribute to agency reporting at the network level.
- To partner with agency leadership team to proactively determine ways to develop our integrated service offering in response to existing and future client need.
- To partner with Client leads and account team on any existing client new business needs.
- To manage assigned internal agency PR and promotional activities
- To ensure agency initiatives are targeted and relevant to client needs.
- To manage the agency’s corporate communications initiatives including but not limited to email communications, PR, sales materials, etc.
- To define requirements and guide the development of materials required for marketing campaigns and business development activities.
- To lead the SEM and targeting strategy, implementation and optimization with CB’s digital team.
- To manage the agency CRM tool including maintenance of lists for marketing communications.
- To develop/manage a monthly marketing statistic reporting.
- To drive social media engagement on behalf of the agency.
- To manage the agency’s speaking engagements and conference attendance.
- To evaluate the agency’s promotional plan and budget, annual plan for the company and manage approved budget.
- To ensure that all BD efforts are in line with the MIND+MATTER CHANGE model and to encourage a channel agnostic approach rooted in behavior change.
- To foster a culture of measuring success in all BD efforts.
- To champion a client partnership mind-set, ensuring excellence in all BD outputs, especially when contributing to pitches.
- To work brilliantly with clients. Acting as an agency ambassador for BD, the agency and self.
- To actively work with the Client Team (especially program leads) to drive existing client growth, identifying and delivering BD efforts that are commercially successful for both clients and the agency.
- To demonstrate a clear understanding of the commercial impact of effective time management for self and others.
- To play a lead role in meeting KPIs and new business GAP targets.
- To manage marketing budget effectively, ensuring ROI.
- To support effective process and information flow amongst the BD Team and between other functions.
- To ensure company processes are deployed effectively and consistently, ensuring that team members adhere to best practice.
- To champion operational best practice across the BD Team.
- To role model agency behaviors, actively champion and build team connection with the agency vision.
- To attract and select diverse and high caliber talent.
- To foster knowledge-sharing across all disciplines internally to ensure collaborative, efficient and informed work. This will include leading on training and other learning activities to up-skill the wider agency team on best practice in business development and specifically in working with procurement teams
- To ensure clear communication within the BD team, be visible and approachable to all team members.
A successful BD Manager will:
- Be a strong communicator, in both verbal and written communications
- Be an excellent multi-tasker with strong organizational skills
- Be able to think strategically
- Be a commercial operator in all aspects of their work striving tirelessly for efficiency, operational effectiveness and profitability
- Be efficient at gaining revenue growth and impact on reputation through marketing initiatives
- Demonstrate a passion for business growth, driving the generation of new business growth opportunities
- Be an effective relationship builder able to quickly gain rapport and respect from both internal and external stakeholders
- Act as a role model for their team
- Demonstrate professionalism and passion for their work at all times
- Be committed to self-development and the development of others
- Always deliver on expectations and responsibilities
Ashfield Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at Ashfield Health are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Ashfield Health will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Ashfield Health is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D. We appreciate your interest in our company, however; only qualified candidates will be considered.