Looking for a new role that really matters? We’re a global agency of like-minded individuals, thinkers and doers committed to making it matter through powerful integrated communications. Come and be one of them.
At Evoke Mind+Matter, we put the soul into science, our health first, sector second approach covers the full spectrum of marketing and communications, using insight driven to inspire behaviour change across multiple channels and audiences.
The position: Creative Resource Manager
We are looking for a Creative Resource Manager to join our Internal & Client Operations team, who will be responsible for the overall resource planning and staffing of our highly skilled creative team. You will work in collaboration with the senior creative team and will make sure that oversight of upcoming and in-progress projects is maintained so they can continually assess the capacity and capability within the team, including supporting and managing any freelance resources used.
You will need to maintain a holistic view of all areas of internal and client operations management and will work proactively work with the rest of the team to ensure all areas from onboarding, management and administration is managed in an efficient way.
Ultimately, it is about helping achieve the goal of ‘building strong, strategic partnerships with our clients and beyond’, and staying true to the Internal & Client Operations team mission to consistently achieve the best outcomes for our clients by shaping processes and using technology to make Mind+Matter the most quality and efficiency-driven agency.
You will be…
- Passionate about people
- A collaborative thinker
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- A motivated self-starter, able to work in fast-moving environment with an agile mindset
- Ambitious and dedicated
- Working knowledge of a creative studio in an agency setting
- Strong knowledge of creative resource skill sets
- Proven expertise and ability to drive accurate resource planning, utilisation & forecasting
- Has commercial expertise in relation to resource management
- Ability to build strong, strategic partnerships - preferably up to leadership level
- Proficient in using resource planning tools, FinancialForce specifically would be an advantage
- Experience in working with and onboarding Freelancers would be an advantage
- To ensure delivering client work at Mind+Matter is pain-free, quick and frictionless across teams
- To be the first point of contact for all creative resource requirements including assessing current work allocation and proposing when needed resources to projects that align with their skills and/or professional goals
- Monitors day-to-day project activities and resourcing, identifying potential instances of underutilisation and actively works with creative team and project managers to address and solve
- To be the key decision maker when resolving booking conflicts or issues
- Works with Client Operations team (Programme/ Project Mgmt.) and hybrid project managers to resolve creative talent gaps and/or project risks
- Review and interrogates creative resourcing forecast, based on the current business process and systems in place, ensuring the senior creative team have a comprehensive picture of the team’s workload
- Runs weekly resource meeting with senior creatives to discuss any resourcing gaps or issues requiring resolution with other departments
- Organises and supports on creative inductions and in role support during initial onboarding with all new starters and freelancers
- Has an overview of team holiday, training and life events and makes sure visibility of team availability, cover and celebration are organised
- Escalates sensitive or high-risk staffing situations to leadership, as appropriate.
- Proactively engages with resources, gaining meaningful understanding of their skills, experience and aspirations and identifying the right opportunities for them
- Monitors creative team utilisation to target performance, investigate outliers and recommend plan for remediation
- Collaborates with Creative Resource Manager in the US office, to cross staff when appropriate.
- Maintains constant knowledge of current and upcoming internal M+M and Ashfield projects, as well as new business activities, as they relate to creative resourcing needs
- Understands and communicates the impacts (financial, client relationship, skill) of applying one resource over another or removing a resource from work
- Facilitates agency freelance needs (front-end), working with Finance (back-end)
- Manages any creative assets and associated billing and will consult on licensing requirement based on use
- Champions internal workflow system for higher productivity working
Our offer to you…
Set in the heart of Brighton’s North Laines, bustling central Manchester or in our vibrant Macclesfield office, this award winning ‘people culture’ agency will reward you with a very competitive benefits package, including a personal development fund. You will also be part of the agency family, where we ensure that your happiness at work is our priority – be this though our many staff culture events, or the option of working dynamically.
But most importantly, you get the opportunity to really make a difference. As we have been named the NUMBER 1 healthcare agency in the UK by PR Week, we want to say “we did that” about some of the industry’s most exciting work that really changes people’s lives for the better. If you do too then we’d love to hear from you.
Interested? Take a look at our website https://mindplusmatter.com/ where you can find out more about the work we do.