Looking for a new role that really matters? We’re a global agency of like-minded individuals, thinkers and doers committed to making it matter through powerful integrated communications. Come and be one of them.
At Evoke Mind+Matter, we put the soul into science, our health first, sector second approach covers the full spectrum of marketing and communications, using insight driven to inspire behaviour change across multiple channels and audiences.
The position: Office and Operations Executive
We are looking for a highly motivated Office and Operations Executive to join our internal operations team in our Brighton office. The successful candidate will be responsible for the smooth running of our offices, helping deliver a great employee experience and making Mind+Matter an easy and fun place to work. You will work closely with the Associate Director of internal operations, often collaborating with HR, resourcing and client operations teams, with a high level of autonomy at times.
The Office and Operations Executive will play a vital role in supporting people in our offices, ensuring a seamless onboarding experience for our employees, and creating an environment where people flock and thrive. You will epitomise our people first culture and champion a diverse, safe, and sustainable workplace for the future. The successful candidate will be a key member of the agency, who in time will act as a great source of information and support to all areas of the business.
No two days will be the same, and if you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, this could be the role for you.
Ultimately, it’s about helping achieve the goal of ‘Building strong, strategic partnerships with our clients and beyond,’ and staying true to the internal & client operations team mission to consistently achieve the best outcomes for our clients by shaping processes and using technology to make evoke Mind+Matter the most quality and efficiency-driven agency.
You will be…
- Passionate about people
- Flexible and adaptable
- A motivated self-starter
- Ambitious and dedicated
- A natural helper
- A creative thinker
- To ensure all front of house services are handled efficiently and effectively. This includes answering the telephone, managing calendars, scheduling and servicing meetings, inward and outward mail, setting up desk equipment and a variety of other tasks.
- To ensure that the office space is presentable and maintained to a high standard, working with all employees to encourage tidy working, and making efficiencies where we can, to create a vibrant space to work in.
- To lead (as appropriate) on the organisation of company or management meetings and events.
- To support and lead (as appropriate) on maintenance, facilities, and health & safety tasks. This includes involvement in H&S compliance, playing a key role in first aid and Fire Marshall tasks including being a qualified First Aider (including mental health if you wish) and Fire Marshall.
- To support the operations team in optimising the company’s systems, processes, and practices to achieve high performance, and statutory and industry compliance. This includes identifying operational opportunities to increase effectiveness and cost savings and supporting on operational projects.
- To assist with traffic and resource management duties, holding key day-to-day responsibilities to ensure the smooth running of these functions.
- To assist with the day-to-day management of company subscriptions and systems ensuring that these are tightly managed, providing value for money and supporting growth and compliance.
- To support the Associate Director of Internal Operations in organising and co-ordinating staff events, often taking an active lead on activity where appropriate.
- To lead on the organisation of training and onboarding administrative duties, including booking trainers and scheduling.
- Responsible for the onboarding process for all new starters from, scheduling inductions, and providing support to line managers with the process where appropriate.
- To lead on charitable initiatives for the business, including co-ordinating events, fund raisers and liaising with charitable organisations, where required.
- To provide support on wider company projects as required.
- To establish a good level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including contractors, suppliers etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Experience using Zoom, MS Teams, and IT ticketing software desirable
- Experience with meeting technology both virtually and in office
- Qualified First Aider and/or Fire Warden (training will be provided)
- Experience with people practices - specifically onboarding
- Able to react quickly and proficiently to internal requests
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Effective communication skills
- Well organised and disciplined
- Ability to build strong, strategic partnerships at all levels
Our offer to you…
Set in the heart of Brighton’s North Laines, this award winning ‘people culture’ agency will reward you with a very competitive benefits package, including a personal development fund. You will also be part of the agency family, where we ensure that your happiness at work is our priority – be this though our many staff culture events, or the option of working dynamically.
But most importantly, you get the opportunity to really make a difference. As we have been named the NUMBER 1 healthcare agency in the UK by PR Week, we want to say “we did that” about some of the industry’s most exciting work that really changes people’s lives for the better. If you do too then we’d love to hear from you.
Interested? Take a look at our website https://mindplusmatter.com/ where you can find out more about the work we do.