Client Services Manager
Client Services Manager
This position is based in our offices in London Holborn (during non-COVID working), but we are also open to speak to candidates who wish to work remotely or in a hybrid manner. Home based workers will need to reside in the UK during their employment and be flexible to travel to the London office from time-to-time as reasonably required.
All applicants must be have the right to live and work in the UK in order to be considered for this role.
Evoke is a marketing, media and communications agency designed for health and wellness. Purpose-built to help our clients navigate today’s complex landscape, we’re bound by a common vision: to make Health More Human™. With offices in New York, Philadelphia, San Francisco, London, Dublin, Chicago, Los Angeles, Singapore and Dubai, we partner with leading pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device clients to deliver unparalleled levels of strategic services, creative communications, and breakthrough innovations that build richer and more effective interactions between our clients and their customers.
Evoke provides an exciting and flexible work environment, competitive salaries and outstanding company benefits. Evoke and Huntsworth Health are equal opportunity employers.
The Evoke client services team forge strong relationships with our clients, instilling confidence and impressing with our passion for the work we create.
This enables us to become a trusted partner supporting clients to be brave and bold. Clients trust us to develop powerful brand communications that transform human behaviours, helping grow our clients’ careers as well as their brand.
Manage projects (or account if appropriate) and support with client relationships to ensure the account runs smoothly and is profitable
- A science or speciality marketing degree required
- At least 3 years agency experience required
- At least 3 healthcare experience required
Knowledge & Skills
You will have proven record of successful responsibility for multiple projects or an account under the direction of a senior client service lead. You will possess a strong understanding of the healthcare market and have worked across a number of different client accounts.
You will have a strong track record of developing and nurturing client relationships, establishing effective agency-client interactions and be able to handle (or know when to escalate) challenging client requirements. You will be able to adapt your style of communication to elicit the best response from the person you are communicating with.
You will be able to suggest and implement novel and innovative solutions to client challenges, supported by your wide knowledge of tactical solutions. You will be comfortable with taking an active role in client workshops. You will be able to analyse information to be able to prevent and identify any account issues as well as lead with problem resolution where required.
You will have good interpersonal skills and be able to be calm under pressure.
Client services/Client relationship
- Manage and build trusted relationships with client counterparts, communicating clearly and frequently
- Be seen as key and integral to the account
- Ensure clear and accurate client correspondence is achieved as well as timely follow-ups where required
- Translate client requirements into actionable and compelling agency briefings for all relevant projects.
- All briefs are to be written and include insights that will allow the creative teams to deliver great work
- Critique creative work against the brief and provide feedback empathetically and constructively
- Manage client expectations and have the ability to handle client objections if necessary
- Present compellingly to clients with confidence and poise
Agency operations/Project management
- Manage projects across the agency from kick off to delivery. Be a key point of contact for the account internally and externally, communicate the client requirements to internal team
- Drive process within your projects and work with PM team to develop tactical plans for all projects. Ensure all projects adhere to the agreed workflow and utilise junior team members to implement this
- Responsible for working with PM team to write clear and detailed project documentation including statements of work, estimates, assumptions, project plans/timelines, etc.
- Work with PM team to staff projects appropriately based on agreed scopes
- Ensure quality control review of deliverables
- Recognise the simultaneous need for rigorous adherence to process and the flexibility to adapt to inevitable changes along the way
- Identify any issues and lead any process to resolve these with support from client partner
- Management of all project financials with finance team, client partner and project managers
- Is on top of finances of projects and accounts at any moment in time
- Has understanding of revenue and account financial targets
- Is able to lead fee discussions with clients on projects
- Understand and support to influence client strategies, helping to translate this understanding into actionable creative briefings
- Collaborate with strategy team, creative and other internal teams on brand messaging strategy and tactics
- Work with CP and strategy team to ensure that account landscape analysis is relevant and kept up to date
- Supports the Client Partner to drive the strategy of the client brand(s) by identifying and solving marketing / business issues profitably
- Assist in the proposal and/or pitch process, including writing portions of the proposal, pricing or review of the proposal
Communication & Collaboration
- Very regular contact with clients both verbally and in writing
- Desire to engage with clients as often as possible, always looking for more opportunities to talk to and meet with them
- Naturally collaborative and inclusive style, thriving as part of a fast-paced team environment, whether leading or participating.
- Provides clear guidance and instruction to junior team members
- Is perceived as the manager of allocated projects by clients and colleagues
- Demonstrates appropriate behaviours and attitudes for others to learn from
- Displays passion for the work Evoke creates both internally and externally
- Solves problems both internally and for clients. Proactive in recommending solutions
- Knows when to escalate any issues or concerns
- Constantly seeks to improve
Clients expectations are exceeded due to the agency delivering an industry-leading standard of work that aligns to their needs. The accounts are profitable and are smoothly managed to ensure the best outcomes for all parties.
Don't meet every job requirement? That's okay! Our company is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you're excited about this role, but your experience doesn't perfectly fit every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right person for this role or others.