Senior Art Director
Evoke New York
Evoke is a marketing and advertising agency servicing the healthcare industry. We partner with leading pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device clients – consistently delivering unparalleled levels of strategic service, creative and technological innovation that build richer and more effective interactions between our clients and their customers.
The Senior Art Director (Sr. AD) is responsible for developing new ideas and designs that creatively deliver the client’s strategies and build on their visual tone. Sr. AD works in partnership with the Copywriter (CW) to generate concepts and tactics, and to progress them through execution. While design is the day-to-day focus, understanding and contributing to the copy ideas put forth is part of the role as well. The Sr. AD should have a strong understanding of the Medical/Legal/Regulatory (MLR) review board process and be comfortable designing to meet and broaden those requirements. Sr. AD reports to the Associate Creative Director (ACD) or Creative Director (CD).
Creative Role & Responsibilities
• A talented designer and conceptual thinker with 6+ years of relevant experience
• Consistently able to crack a brief multiple ways. Brings a broad range of visual styles to draw from, keeping work appropriate to our clients’ marketing strategy and brand
• Thinks innovatively, consistently bringing new ideas appropriate to our clients’ marketing strategy and brand tone
• Develops a range of creative executions for each project and effectively collaborates with creative partner to ensure design and copy work together to support the concepts
• Have an innate world curiosity, actively keeping in tune with popular culture, being aware of trends, brands and technologies and how they impact our business and culture in general
• Defends strengths of concepts while remaining open to alternatives and further explorations
• Executes a broad range of projects. Leads projects from start to finish with guidance from ACD or CD
• Participates in strategic meetings with client and account management to deepen understanding of clients’ objectives and better inform advertising campaigns
• Proactively communicates and consults with team members (Account Management, Strategy, Project Management, Regulatory Operations etc.) regarding creative work, quality control, MLR submissions and deadlines
• Responsible for maintaining version and quality control of owned assets through lifecycle of project
• Adds to and maintains the design style guide associated with assigned brand(s)
• Accountable for on-time deliverables
• Provides feedback on allocated hours. Works with ACD or CD to establish and work to set scope
• Participates on a pitch team
• May be assigned to more than one account
Qualifications include (but are not limited to)
• Comfortable designing for web, print and TV/video
• Able to present work in a compelling way, can capture and hold attention of audience, internally and with client
• Possesses solid, active listening skills
• Understands how to work within - and appropriately push - MLR and brand style guidelines
• Enforces version-control of all design files owned
• Can adhere to specific media and channel technical requirements
• Able to help craft a brand style guide
• Ability to independently manage concurrent projects of varying sizes and deliver work from concept through completion
• Exhibits decisive problem-solving skills
• Actively maintains an understanding of how work moves through the agency. Follows relevant agency Standard Operation Procedures (SOP)
• Expert in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) with ability and willingness to execute production ready files
• Knows how to work with image sources, art buyers and illustrators. Can prepare documentation ahead of photo or video shoots
• Understands the principles of video production and approach to art directing for video/broadcast
• Ability to establish trust with core team. Develops strong relationships with account and project management and strategy counterparts
• Collaboratively partner with assigned partners
• Willingness to supervise freelance or on staff copywriters if assigned
• Grows and maintains solid rapport with day to day client. Earns trust of client.
Evoke is a global brand, experience, and communications agency platform, purpose-built to make health more humanTM
We’re a dynamic global healthcare platform of comprised of practice areas and speciality agencies – adaptive, agile and designed around our clients. We provide frictionless access to a uniquely comprehensive offering and one of the industry’s deepest and most dynamic collections of talent. We use data-driven insights, creativity, and applied innovation to solve the most complex of problems in our marketplace. Our digital-first perspective means we can unlock the potential of today and shape tomorrow.
Evoke is an equal opportunity employer.
Don't meet every job requirement? That's okay! Our company is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you're excited about this role, but your experience doesn't perfectly fit every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right person for this role or others.