Evoke New York
Senior Copywriter, HCP
Location: New York
Evoke is a marketing and advertising agency servicing the healthcare industry. We partner with leading pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device clients – consistently delivering unparalleled levels of strategic service, creative and technological innovation that build richer and more effective interactions between our clients and their customers.
Your role as Senior Copywriter
The Senior Copywriter (Sr. CW) is responsible for developing ideas and copy that creatively deliver on our clients’ strategies and support their creative tones. The Sr. CW works in partnership with the Art Director (AD) to generate concepts and tactics, and to progress them through execution. While writing copy is the day-to-day focus, understanding and contributing to the visual expression of the ideas is part of the role as well. MUST HAVE HCP AND ONCOLOGY EXPERIENCE!
The Senior Copywriter should become a brand product information specialist and appropriately source written materials (referencing) for a client’s Medical/Legal/Regulatory (MLR) review board. Sr. CW reports to the Associate Creative Director (ACD) or Creative Director (CD).
Creative Role & Responsibilities
- Natural storytelling ability
- Conceptual thinker
- Consistently able to crack a brief multiple ways, bringing new ideas appropriate to our clients’ marketing strategy and brand tone
- Develops a range of creative executions for each project and effectively collaborates with AD to ensure design and copy work together to support the concepts
- Thinks beyond our industry, bringing a world-curious mind to their work. Able to translate what they see into real ideas that hit the strategy.
- Executes a broad range of projects. Leads projects from start to finish with guidance from ACD or CD
- Can source credible information and use it to craft copy that delivers on strategy
- Can listen to feedback and deliver revised solutions
- Participates in strategic meetings with client and account management to deepen understanding of clients’ objectives and better inform advertising campaigns
- Actively explores the Healthcare Marketing arena. Knows what is happening in the therapeutic area of our clients
- Proactively communicates and consults with team members (Account Management, Strategy, Project Management, Regulatory Operations etc.) regarding creative work, quality control, MLR submissions and deadlines
- Responsible for maintaining version and quality control of owned assets through lifecycle of project
- Adds to and maintains the copy style guide associated with assigned brand(s)
- Self-manage expectations to deliver on brief, accuracy and surprising creative options.
- Provides feedback on allocated hours. Works with ACD or CD to establish and work to set scope
- Participates on a pitch team
- May be assigned to more than one account
Qualifications include (but are not limited to)
- Writes clear, cohesive creative copy for multiple channels (print and digital, TV/video, social)
- Comfortable moving between long and short form copy
- Able to present work in a compelling way, can capture and hold attention of audience, internally and with client
- Possesses solid, active listening skills
- Understands how to use and apply medical references and validate with Medical Editor partner ahead of MLR submissions
- Knows AMA style
- Ability to independently manage concurrent projects of varying sizes and deliver work from concept through completion
- Exhibits decisive problem-solving skills
- Actively maintains an understanding of how work moves through the agency. Follows relevant agency Standard Operation Procedures (SOP)
- Understands the principles of production (print, online, broadcast)
- Ability to establish trust with core team. Develops strong relationships with account and project management and strategy counterparts
- Collaboratively partner with assigned partners
- Willingness to supervise freelance or on staff copywriters if assigned
- Grows and maintains solid rapport with day to day client. Earns trust of client.
Evoke is a full-service health and wellness agency with a heritage of innovation. The agency has built an outstanding reputation for creating evocative, award-winning marketing platforms that educate, inform, and inspire action. With offices in Chicago, New York, Philadelphia and Los Angeles, and a global reach through their agency network, Huntsworth Health, Evoke is comprised of marketing professionals dedicated to pioneering new and better ways to communicate between brands and people.
It is our goal to provide our people with the best possible support and environment to grow and thrive. Our culture is entrepreneurial – embracing yet not stifling. We work hard because we love what we do. We believe strongly in intelligent innovation.
Evoke provides an exciting and flexible work environment, competitive salaries and outstanding company paid benefits including medical, dental, 401(k), tuition reimbursement.
Evoke and Huntsworth Health are equal opportunity employers.
Don't meet every job requirement? That's okay! Our company is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you're excited about this role, but your experience doesn't perfectly fit every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right person for this role or others.