The Copywriter (CW) is responsible for developing ideas and copy that creatively deliver on our clients’ strategies and support their creative tones. CW works in partnership with the Art Director (AD) to generate concepts and tactics, and to progress them through execution. Even though your role is copywriter, you are expected to go beyond that and develop an understanding of and contribute to the visual expression of the ideas put forth. He or she should be able to become a brand product information specialist and be comfortable appropriately sourcing written materials (referencing) for a client’s Medical/Legal/Regulatory (MLR) review board. CW reports to the Associate Creative Director (ACD) or Creative Director (CD) and assists them in the development of more complex projects.
Creative Role & Responsibilities
- Talented writer and communicator
- Able to research and fact find to fill knowledge gaps. Knows how to ask the right questions.
- Understands the strategy as outlined in the brief. Able to develop work that answers the brief.
- Develops a range of creative executions for each project and effectively collaborates with Art Director to ensure design and copy work together to support the concepts
- Has an innate world curiosity, actively keeping in tune with popular culture, being aware of trends, brands and technologies and how they impact our business and culture in general
- Stays informed about our industry and our clients’. Looks for new technology, digital or social outlets etc. that could help deliver success for our clients.
- Aware of what is going on in the Healthcare Marketing arena. Learns client’s business and direct competitors.
- Develops a strong understanding of assigned brand
- Willingness to communicate and consult with team members (Account Management, Strategy, Project Management, Regulatory Operations etc.) regarding creative work, quality control, MLR submissions and deadlines
- Understands assigned scope of work and manages to expectations
- Responsible for maintaining version and quality control of owned assets through lifecycle of project
- Accountable for on-time deliverables
- Plays a supporting role in pitches
- Writes clear, cohesive creative copy for multiple channels (print and digital and video)
- Can verbally describe work in a clear and concise manner internally and with client
- Possesses solid, active listening skills
- Understands how to use and apply medical references and validate with Medical Editor partner ahead of MLR submissions
- Knows AMA style
- Able to follow a copy style guide
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects of varying sizes
- Self-monitor work to adhere to brief and deliver on expectations
- Actively maintains an understanding of how work moves through the agency. Follows relevant agency Standard Operation Procedures (SOP)
- Fully capable of working in Word, Outlook, ProofHQ, Acrobat and Timesheet softwares. Some knowledge of the Adobe Suite
- Understands and follows the process of manuscript management for print and digital projects
- Ability to establish trust with core team
- Collaboratively work with assigned partner
- Works directly with Medical Editor to ensure accuracy and quality
- Presents work to client via call and WebEx
- Able to manage up to supervisor keeping them informed of workload, present assignments and take feedback on board as needed
The anticipated base salary range for this position is $60,000 to $75,000. This range represents the low and high end of the salary range for this position in NYC and Colorado). This range may differ based on your experience and skill set, geographic location, and cost of living considerations.
At Evoke compensation is more than just a base salary – that’s why we also offer a bonus and incentive scheme along with an exceptional range of flexible benefits, personal support and tailored learning and development opportunities all designed to help you realize your full potential both in life and at work – mental health recharge days and the chance to work with the industry’s most impressive people are just some of the ways we have designed Evoke around you.
For more information, get in touch and speak to a real human about how Evoke is the career destination for you.
Evoke is a global brand, experience, and communications agency platform, purpose-built to make health more humanTM
We’re a dynamic global healthcare platform of comprised of practice areas and speciality agencies – adaptive, agile and designed around our clients. We provide frictionless access to a uniquely comprehensive offering and one of the industry’s deepest and most dynamic collections of talent. We use data-driven insights, creativity, and applied innovation to solve the most complex of problems in our marketplace. Our digital-first perspective means we can unlock the potential of today and shape tomorrow.
Evoke is an equal opportunity employer.
Don't meet every job requirement? That's okay! Our company is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you're excited about this role, but your experience doesn't perfectly fit every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right person for this role or others.