Senior Project Manager
Evoke San Francisco
Evoke is a marketing and advertising agency servicing the healthcare industry. We partner with leading pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device clients – consistently delivering unparalleled levels of strategic service, creative and technological innovation that build richer and more effective interactions between our clients and their customers.
As a Senior Project Manager at Evoke Health, you will become a valued member of our Project Management Department. Your job will be to own and ensure the timely, process-driven delivery of multiple and simultaneous large-scale projects, supporting the Senior Project Management Team, and bringing a passion and desire to employ and hone your project management skills. A Senior Project Manager supports the Senior Project Management/Operations and Account Management teams by ensuring excellence in delivery through effective, efficient project plan development and execution, as well as exceptional financial management of all projects being managed.
The position is primarily supporting our San Francisco office, however you can be fully remote from anywhere (so long as you can adhere somewhat to west coast working hours).
Duties and Responsibilities
• Owns a project from inception through completion, and manages multiple mid-and large-scale projects on his or her own or with the support of junior-level project managers, across both digital and offline/traditional media
• Works with the Program Manager to solve complex production and project issues with a collaborative solutions-based approach, pulling from past experience while adjusting to the situation at hand
• Knows when to escalate an issue before it affects timing and/or budget
• Mentors Junior Project Management Team members
• Recognizes the simultaneous need for rigorous adherence to process and the flexibility to adapt to inevitable changes along the way
• Is the internal leader and point person for all projects owned
• Is responsible and accountable for developing accurate estimates, project plans, SOWs, detailed scoping documents, budgets, change orders, and client financial documents
• Manages the financials of individual projects owned and is accountable for delivering projects on-budget
• Works with Program Manager in delivering accurate forecasts and alerts of any changes on projects owned
• Establishes well thought-out project plans that have been reviewed and vetted by team members from all disciplines
• Ensures that the traffic coordinator and any relied-upon project managers are moving any actions and/or processes through the team on a daily basis
• Clearly communicates prioritized daily tasks with the coordination of the Program Manager
• Works with third-party resources and/or agency partners as needed for project coordination and delivery
• Identifies any resourcing bottlenecks and immediately develops a recommended resolution
• IS Responsible for execution of QA process at each step of the project life cycle. Works closely with the Account Management Team to keep them aware of project statuses and risks and supports them through client-facing interactions as needed
• Confidently kicks off new projects to the team with clean, actionable documentation; nothing is left unprepared
• Monitors resource hours on a weekly basis, proactively escalating if there is a concern of potential overage before any impact to budget
• Possesses exceptional interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
Qualifications include (but are not limited to)
• A minimum 5-7 years of Project Management experience
• A minimum 3 years’ experience in an advertising agency setting
• Healthcare experience is required
• Experience in project management in a healthcare agency setting including website development, banner ads, email campaigns, print advertising, print materials, video, broadcast, etc
• Some level of technical understanding (to develop platforms and processes)
• A passion to learn all aspects of the agency process
• Comfort and willingness to present to small and large groups, internally and externally
• Pharmaceutical marketing experience (eg direct-to-consumer, direct-to-professional, etc) and knowledge of the regulatory process
• A strong drive to excel and grow within the project management field
• Impeccable attention to detail and self-accountability
• Proficiency with Microsoft productivity tools
• Demonstrated experience in the successful management of project-based budgets
• Willingness to interact with clients on a regular basis; travel may be required
• Proven ability to adapt to changing marketplace dynamics.
• Working well independently and as a team member across departments to manage
• the flow of projects through the agency/team
• A bachelor’s degree (advertising, marketing, or management major preferred)
Evoke is a full-service health and wellness agency with a heritage of innovation. The agency has built an outstanding reputation for creating evocative, award-winning marketing platforms that educate, inform, and inspire action. With offices in Chicago, New York, Philadelphia and Los Angeles, and a global reach through their agency network, Huntsworth Health, Evoke is comprised of marketing professionals dedicated to pioneering new and better ways to communicate between brands and people.
It is our goal to provide our people with the best possible support and environment to grow and thrive. Our culture is entrepreneurial – embracing yet not stifling. We work hard because we love what we do. We believe strongly in intelligent innovation.
Evoke provides an exciting and flexible work environment, competitive salaries and outstanding company paid benefits including medical, dental, 401(k), tuition reimbursement.
Evoke and Huntsworth Health are equal opportunity employers.
Don't meet every job requirement? That's okay! Our company is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you're excited about this role, but your experience doesn't perfectly fit every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right person for this role or others.