Associate Creative Director - Art
Associate Creative Director Art
Evoke is a marketing and advertising agency servicing the healthcare industry. We partner with leading pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device clients – consistently delivering unparalleled levels of strategic service, creative and technological innovation that build richer and more effective interactions between our clients and their customers.
Your role as Associate Creative Director Art
The Associate Creative Director Art (ACD Art) is a team leader responsible for overseeing design development within a team, ensuring overall quality of visual ideas and style to meet on our Clients’ strategy and objectives. The ACD Art may work in partnership with the ACD Copy to generate advertising campaigns that can support relevant tactics. Even though your role is art director, you are expected to go beyond that and contribute to the copy ideas put forth. He or she should have a strong understanding of the Medical/Legal/Regulatory (MLR) review board process and be comfortable designing to meet and broaden those requirements. ACD Art reports to the Creative Director (CD) or Group Creative Director (GCD).
Creative Role & Responsibilities
- A conceptual driver who can establish a visual language that crosses media and touchpoints. Brings design influence from around the globe to their work.
- Understands the subtilties of the brief. Anticipates problems and offers solutions. Finds ways to accomplish what needs to get done.
- Consistently brings new ideas appropriate to our Clients’ marketing strategy and brand tone with a focus on driving business results.
- Able to concept and create campaigns for multiple channels
- Masters presentation skills with the goal of selling great work through storytelling. Strong partner with their copy cohort to present work that surprises and excites.
- Continues to learn, is open to feedback and willing to explore further if necessary
- Supports planning and strategy in the development of creative or project briefs
- Contributes to the development and evolution of brand's visual identity
- Contributes to the daily execution of the workload
- Oversees creativity, consistency and quality of creative developed on assigned accounts, from assigned teams
- Upholds process for creative file management. Ensures direct reports follow process.
- Drives creative team to explore various extensions of campaign in tactical execution. Comfortable mentoring direct reports on the unique needs of each channel.
- Ensures assigned teams are following Agency requirements.
- Maintains awareness of budget requirements to insure the best visualization of the product while staying within budget limits. Clearly calls out when work presented is beyond budget
- Works with CD/GCD to set priorities and manages workloads for direct reports and self. Ability to negotiate timelines and proposed budgets and provide feedback.
- Either leads or participates in day-to-day efforts on a pitch team, and attend pitches.
- Shares industry best practices with team. Knows what is trending.
- Participates in brand planning meetings with Client. Collaborates with Planning and Strategy to establish and implement year-long strategic goals
- May be assigned to more than one account and is flexible enough to step in across the office as demands require.
Qualifications include (but are not limited to)
- Skilled at designing for web, print and production work
- Has strong presentation skills and understands Client management and creative negotiation
- Ability to oversee others executing multiple projects and independently manage complex projects assigned
- Exhibits decisive problem-solving skills, has advanced listening and coping skills to remain clear-headed
- Ability to understand timelines and proposed budgets and provide actionable feedback
- Understands the how to work within and appropriately push MLR and brand style guidelines
- Actively maintains an understanding of how work moves through the agency. Follows relevant agency Standard Operation Procedures (SOP)
- Skilled in the use of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) with ability and willingness to execute production ready files
- With ACD Copy partner is able to run full broadcast projects, print and video shoots
- Viewed as a leader by his or her core team. Becomes a trusted partner to account, strategy and project management counterparts
- Collaboratively work with assigned partners
- Supervises and engages team/freelancers, helping ensure the success of the whole team
- Responsible for training, reviewing and mentoring direct reports
- Works with CD/GCD to set priorities and manages workloads so assignments for team are completed within agreed to timeframes
- Valued by day to day and lead Clients
Evoke is a full-service health and wellness agency with a heritage of innovation. The agency has built an outstanding reputation for creating evocative, award-winning marketing platforms that educate, inform, and inspire action. With offices in Chicago, New York, Philadelphia and Los Angeles, and a global reach through their agency network, Huntsworth Health, Evoke is comprised of marketing professionals dedicated to pioneering new and better ways to communicate between brands and people.
It is our goal to provide our people with the best possible support and environment to grow and thrive. Our culture is entrepreneurial – embracing yet not stifling. We work hard because we love what we do. We believe strongly in intelligent innovation.
Evoke provides an exciting and flexible work environment, competitive salaries and outstanding company paid benefits including medical, dental, 401(k), tuition reimbursement.
Evoke and Huntsworth Health are equal opportunity employers.
Don't meet every job requirement? That's okay! Our company is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you're excited about this role, but your experience doesn't perfectly fit every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right person for this role or others.