Senior Client Partner
Senior Client Partner
This position is based in our offices in London Holborn (during non-COVID working), but we are also open to speak to candidates who wish to work remotely or in a hybrid manner. Home based workers will need to reside in the UK during their employment and be flexible to travel to the London office from time-to-time as reasonably required.
All applicants must be have the right to live and work in the UK in order to be considered for this role.
Evoke is a marketing, media and communications agency designed for health and wellness. Purpose-built to help our clients navigate today’s complex landscape, we’re bound by a common vision: to make Health More Human™. With offices in New York, Philadelphia, San Francisco, London, Dublin, Chicago, Los Angeles, Singapore and Dubai, we partner with leading pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device clients to deliver unparalleled levels of strategic services, creative communications, and breakthrough innovations that build richer and more effective interactions between our clients and their customers.
Evoke provides an exciting and flexible work environment, competitive salaries and outstanding company benefits. Evoke and Inizio Group are equal opportunity employers.
The Evoke client services team forge strong relationships with our clients, instilling confidence and impressing with our passion for the work we create.
This enables us to become a trusted partner supporting clients to be brave and bold. Clients trust us to develop powerful brand communications that transform human behaviours, helping grow our clients’ careers as well as their brand.
Influence, lead and drive multiple accounts. Be responsible and accountable for your account and the wider agency's performance. Partner with clients and own the client relationships across those accounts, constantly seeking to drive success for Evoke.
- A science or speciality marketing degree required
- At least 6 years agency experience required
- At least 6 years healthcare experience required
- At least 3 years of experience at senior level within a healthcare agency
Knowledge & Skills
You will have proven record of successful account ownership and leadership across global, European and domestic-level accounts. The Senior Client Partner will possess a strong understanding of the healthcare market and be well versed in trends and innovation to ensure the highest quality deliverables for our clients.
You will have a strong track record of developing and nurturing client relationships, establishing effective agency-client interactions and be able to handle and influence challenging client requirements. You will be able to adapt your style of communication to elicit the best response from the person you are communicating with.
You will be able to identify and work to convert new business opportunities and will have successfully led new business generation (and/or pitches).
You will be able to suggest and implement novel and innovative solutions to both client and agency challenges, pulling in external learnings and positively impacting the business through your actions.
You will be able to analyse information to be able to prevent and identify any account issues as well as lead with problem resolution where required.
You will be able to lead a team and be able to demonstrate calm and leadership under pressure. You will have experience of staffing and resourcing a team and you will have the ability to think broadly across the agency and consider wider agency requirements outside of your immediate accounts.
Client services/Client relationship
- Partner with and lead the relationship with multiple clients and client stakeholders (for example procurement, market access and medical if appropriate). Understand and adapt to their needs and influencers to constantly strengthen and evolve the partnership
- Seek to support and influence the client to best meet their business needs, aligning them with the agency requirements
- Translate client requirements and vision into actionable and compelling agency briefings
- All briefs are to be written and include insights that will allow the creative teams to deliver great work
- Deliver brilliant, inspiring creative briefs that motivate the creative team.
- Critique creative work from the client's perspective and provide feedback empathetically and constructively
- Support the junior members of the client services team in their development of writing and delivering great creative briefs
- Consistently look for new and innovative ways to keep the briefing process fresh and exciting for the creative teams
- Ensure the agency's work exceeds the client's expectations, seek feedback and search for insights for how future work might be best received
- Look for and act on opportunities to showcase agency for the opportunity for future work or new business
- Present expertly to clients with confidence and poise
Agency operations/Project management
- Co-ordinate and manage the agency's client delivery across multiple accounts
- Oversee the strategic and executional quality of all client materials
- Forge strong relationship with PM team to ensure best practices are implemented and correct processes are employed in all situations. Where client requirements require new approaches, work with Operations Director to create and envisage new processes for the team to implement to better improve our work
- Anticipate resource requirements for the account and work with senior client services team/operations team to enact these
- Oversee any issues resolution for the account and ensure it is dealt with correctly
- Sets financial targets for multiple clients with account plans to achieve these. Plans are reviewed on a regular basis with the senior management and finance teams
- Is on top of finances of projects and accounts at any moment in time
- Has total financial responsibility for accounts
- Works with PM team to establish monthly revenue takings and forecasting
- Leads any financial negotiations with clients including discussions with procurement
- Be alert and up-to-date with situation in client's marketplace
- Drive or influence the strategy of multiple client brands by identifying and solving marketing/business issues and creating opportunities for Evoke
- Work with strategy team to ensure Evoke constantly provides sage strategic support for our clients
- Ensure client's strategy is pulled through and supported by all work undertaken by Evoke
- Actively seeks new business opportunities from both existing and new clients
- Drives the proactive production of suitable proposals for clients (both existing or potential)
- Develop and implement targeted new business plans in conjunction with senior management
- Confidently participates in workshops and pitches
- Actively develops relations with the wider Inizio Group in order to maximise the potential of the group’s client base
Communication & Collaboration
- Forge strong, lasting, trusted client relationships
- Strong communication skills with the ability to adapt these to elicit the best response from the person you are communicating with
- Demonstrates presence using verbal and non verbal communication. Displays composure and assurance within the team and with clients
- Maintains and influences the supportive culture within Evoke
- Naturally collaborative and inclusive style, provides clear guidance and instruction including knowing how to give feedback constructively
- Ensures that communications inspire and motivate team members across the agency
- Builds and maintains a network of relevant contacts/potential clients
- Provides effective line management, mentoring and is a role model to other staff
- Manages managers
- Is perceived as the leader of allocated accounts by clients and colleagues
- Inspires teams across the agency and leads by example
- Demonstrates appropriate behaviours and attitudes for others to learn from
- Resolves differences of opinion constructively and effectively
- Displays passion for the work Evoke creates both internally and externally
- Solves problems both internally and for clients. Proactive and innovative in recommending solutions
- Knows when to escalate
- Constantly seeks to improve
Strong relationships built with clients that exist based on the client's trust in the agency's strategic, creative and scientific prowess. Profitable accounts that are resourced effectively based on sound forecasting.
A motivated and well-led internal team who know the client's needs and deliver industry-leading solutions based on this.
Don't meet every job requirement? That's okay! Our company is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you're excited about this role, but your experience doesn't perfectly fit every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right person for this role or others.