Copywriter, Global Marketing & Communications
New York, NY
About Evoke and the team
Evoke is a leading global brand, experience, and communications platform, purpose-built to make health more human™. Organized by global practice areas and specialty agencies, Evoke uses data-driven insights, creativity, and applied innovation to solve the most complex of challenges in today’s healthcare market. Evoke is a platform for our people, our clients, and the communities we serve to unlock their full potential.
Thanks to the diversity of our 1,500 colleagues and the global footprint of our teams, we offer boundless career opportunities – this role is a big step to expanding your knowledge, sharing your talents, and thriving beyond your expectations. When you work with us, you don’t come to a place, you go to a purpose.
This role sits in the Global Marketing and Communications team. Fully living Evoke’s ‘work where you work best’ policy, this growing team is based in US, UK and Spain. Led by entrepreneurial spirit, being bold, and going beyond, we see it as our mission to memorably tell the story behind why Evoke is a transformative choice for clients and how we are changing healthcare for the better.
Copywriter, Global Marketing and Communications - this position is able to be fully remote, located in either the US or UK
We are looking for an inspiring and collaborative copywriter to join a new, agile internal creative team with the responsibility for driving our brand identity, creative voice, and experience across marketing and internal comms. The right candidate is an inventive and inspiring copywriter–preferably with experience in both external and internal comms–who can generate memorable copy to lift creative concepts and executions. They will relish the freedom to shape a brand and the challenge of working across a large range of different projects as part of a fast-moving team e.g. creative campaigns, social media, internal communications, and newsletters.
You are a bold storyteller and who is inspired by the power of words. You take pride in creating beautiful and memorable work that our competitors will be jealous of. You’ve cut your teeth in the agency world but are now looking to gear it up – you are looking for a unique opportunity to shape the future of one of the industry’s biggest players. You are happy to work simultaneously across multiple projects and relish the opportunity to do it as a part of a new, entrepreneurial internal team.
Where you will leave an impact:
- Work with your creative partner to devise imaginative and effective campaign concepts, ensuring design and copy work together
- Partner with marketing on tone of voice and brand personality through copy
- Know what is right for the brand and when to challenge it or evolve it – but keep others on track
- Apply great presentation skills with the goal of selling great work through storytelling.
- Partner with copy cohort to present work that surprises and excites
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop powerful campaigns and execute them flawlessly
- Manage external partners and internal colleagues to complete projects within budget and timing goals
- Proactively anticipates problems and offer solutions - finds way to accomplish what needs to get done
- Maintain version and quality control of owned assets throughout project lifecycle
- Invest in yourself and your craft–constantly look to where you can learn and share, especially about the market and Evoke’s place in it
Qualifications include (but are not limited to)
- 2+ years creative experience, preferably including corporate brands
- Skilled at writing for web, social, print, and production work, as well internal communications
- Fully proficient working in Word, Outlook, ProofHQ, Acrobat, and Timesheet softwares. Some knowledge of the Adobe Suite
- Good presentation skills and an understanding of how to excite people about a concept
- Ability to understand a strategy, work to a brief, and adhere to timelines on multiple projects
- Understands how to work within brand guidelines
- Ability to to execute integrated campaigns across all channels
- Understand and follow the process of manuscript management for print and digital projects
- Ability to write to various audiences and with accessibility in mind
- Has an innate world curiosity, actively keeping in tune with popular culture, being aware of trends, brands and technologies and how they impact our business and culture in general
The anticipated base salary range for this position is $50,000-$60,000. This range represents the low and high end of the salary range for this position in NYC and Colorado). This range may differ based on your experience and skill set, geographic location, and cost of living considerations.
At Evoke compensation is more than just a base salary – that’s why we also offer a bonus and incentive scheme along with an exceptional range of flexible benefits, personal support and tailored learning and development opportunities all designed to help you realize your full potential both in life and at work – mental health recharge days and the chance to work with the industry’s most impressive people are just some of the ways we have designed Evoke around you.
For more information, get in touch and speak to a real human to learn why Evoke is the career destination for you. Evoke is an equal opportunity employer.
Don't meet every job requirement? That's okay! Our company is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you're excited about this role, but your experience doesn't perfectly fit every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right person for this role or others.