Account Director/Senior Account Director - Incisive Health International
About Evoke Incisive Health
Evoke Incisive Health is a global, award-winning health policy and public affairs consultancy.
At Evoke Incisive Health, we help our clients understand fast-paced health policy environments and advise them on how they can cut through the noise with their policy and communications strategies. We are creative, ambitious and dedicated and if you are too, then we can offer you a sector-leading opportunity to grow your skills and expertise.
The International health policy team works with global and regional healthcare companies and organisations to support global policy landscaping, policy and public affairs strategy and narrative development, policy research and report writing, global policy engagement and advocacy coalition building and capability development for different policy teams. We deliver the results that matter for our clients and - ultimately - for the patients they serve.
In 2021 we joined the Evoke group, allying with healthcare PR, marketing, advertising and digital agencies to multiply the impact of healthcare communications for our clients.
What’s the job?
As an Account Director or Senior Account Director, you will be responsible for leading client accounts, driving the delivery of client projects and providing strategic counsel to clients. You will also be responsible for supporting the development of junior members of staff, coaching them on projects and line managing members of the team.
You will play a central role growing the International business and providing insight and expert counsel to our global clients. Our clients are diverse, but they are united by the shared aim of improving the lives of patients and populations around the world. You will get the opportunity to work with teams in different disease areas and geographies to build and implement strategies that improve access to healthcare. These projects may include global policy strategy and narrative development, external policy insight generation and stakeholder advocacy campaigns.
You are an experienced health policy professional with a keen understanding of different health systems and the forces that shape them. You have a passion for global health policy, having worked in different disease areas and geographies. You will ideally have experience of working in a healthcare consultancy or agency and have either worked in, or very closely with, global NGOs and healthcare companies.
As the successful applicant, you must be able to demonstrate personal initiative and quick problem solving abilities, while maintaining high attention to detail and quality in your work. You have excellent project management skills, and preferably, an understanding of consultancy tools from your previous roles. Above all, you are a bright, creative thinker who is excited to help build and grow the international business at Evoke Incisive Health.
Our Account Directors are responsible for:
- Keeping abreast of major policy and political developments across key markets and disease areas; and proactively sharing them with the wider team with recommendations on which clients it may impact
- Leading client accounts and working with account teams to ensure smooth delivery of client projects, and establishing yourself as a strategic counsel to clients
- Supporting the development of junior colleagues by coaching, mentoring and line managing team members
- Leading development of strategies and materials for new business pitches and proposals
- Networking to develop contacts, capture business intelligence and actively prospect for new business opportunities
At Senior Account Director level, you will also be responsible for:
- Strengthening expertise in a specific policy area, and regularly showcasing this both internally and externally
- Identifying areas for expansion and enhanced delivery of client programmes; whilst successfully managing any challenges that arise during the programme
- Undertaking finance requirements across all your accounts - to include budget estimates and project work, managing timely billing and bringing to attention any under / over servicing, staffing issues / resourcing considerations
- Nurturing the development of all members of the junior team and actively supporting them to develop as consultants
What is it like to work at Evoke Incisive Health?
At Evoke Incisive Health we pride ourselves on a culture that supports team well-being as well as business excellence. We are mindful to create a work environment that supports colleagues’ home as well as their professional lives – with supportive paternity and maternity packages and respectful working hours practices. We have a dynamic working policy that enables colleagues more flexibility about when and where they work, with collaboration days where we bring everyone to the office to enable joint working, thinking and socialising. As a member of the Evoke group, we benefit from the expertise of a central Diversity, Equality and Inclusion (DE&I) function, supporting us to build a strong and welcoming team from different backgrounds and experiences.
What opportunities are there for development?
At Evoke Incisive Health we are as ambitious for ourselves as we are for our clients. From the moment you join our team you will be supported and encouraged to develop your talents in your own interest areas and challenged to discover and hone new areas of expertise, through projects in different sectors of healthcare or new geographies.
Our offer includes formal training programmes, a personal training budget, regular opportunities to hear from expert speakers, and most importantly the opportunity to work with and learn from a senior team that has helped to drive some of the most significant health policy change in recent times. As a leader in the business yourself, you will be supported on how to coach and mentor the next generation of Evoke Incisive Health leaders and on how to lead diverse teams with confidence.
Don't meet every job requirement? That's okay! Our company is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you're excited about this role, but your experience doesn't perfectly fit every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right person for this role or others.