New York, NY
Evoke is a marketing and advertising agency servicing the healthcare industry. We partner with leading pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device clients – consistently delivering unparalleled levels of strategic service, creative and technological innovation that build richer and more effective interactions between our clients and their customers
As Resource Manager, you will partner closely with Business Management, Project Management, Finance, and HR to deliver operational excellence, efficiencies, and proactively manage supply and demand while identifying gaps and helping to resolve resource issues as needed.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working with PMs to pull together monthly freelance needs. Tracks freelance actual hours against the estimate and distributes weekly
- POC for freelance needs/requests
- Collaborate with other Resource Managers and Business Managers across the agency
- Understand impact of moving resources from account to account
- Propose resources with current or near-term availability to project that aligns with skills, goals and/or staffing preference
- Leads resource meetings to understand impacts to resource needs and facilitate risk/issue mitigations meetings for each client team. Solves weekly capacity or needs, finalizes, and distributes allocations to agency weekly
- Populating, distributing, and collecting freelance paperwork
- Submits IT tickets for new freelancers and follows up on set up before arrival
- Supports HR with freelance/temp to perm recruitment. Works with Coordinator on onboarding including paperwork, IT configuration, time sheet training and updating schedule as needed
- Enters freelance time, ensuring appropriate billing across all projects
- Onboards new freelancers to timesheet process & ensures compliance
- Gathers and tracks approval for freelance time from PMs and Managers in coordination with business management lead
- Submits freelance time to payroll for processing and follows up with HR on payment as necessary
- Builds and updates the freelance forecast with freelance actuals
- Scheduling/coordinating interviews for freelancers
- Coordinates upcoming week’s schedule with existing freelancers
- Confirms with IT/HR which freelancers should be kept active v deactivated
- Negotiates rates with freelancers and determines appropriate bill rate with PM/Business Management/Finance
- Works with BD team and dept leads to appropriately staff new business opportunities, finding freelance where needed
- Acts as point of contact for resource booking confirmation, conflict resolution, and development of solutions in support of business goals
- Assists with monitoring employee utilization v allocations and flags discrepancies or high admin time
- Onboards new PM employees to resourcing process
- Continuously improves resource management process (immediate process improvements on list: Freelance bill rate process, freelance database creation, BD Process, Standardized staffing agency agreements)
- Works regularly with Business Management, PM and Department leads to discuss project budgets in relation to current staffing models
- Works with HR to ensure legal compliance in freelance/temp employee classification, updates to employment agreements and vendor agreements
- Manages relationships with 3rd party vendors/staffing agencies
- Participates in special projects, as needed
Qualifications include (but are not limited to):
- 2-3+ years of relevant resource management, project management, or operational experience in an advertising agency.
- Working knowledge of agency staffing and utilization principles
- Working knowledge of pharmaceutical marketing industry (e.g. direct-to-consumer, direct-to-professional, etc) and regulatory process
- Proven communication, collaboration, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills; Strong analytical, planning and negotiation skills
- Proven ability to adapt to changing marketplace dynamics
The anticipated base salary range for this position is $65,000 to $85,000. This range represents the low and high end of the salary range for this position in NYC and Colorado). This range may differ based on your experience and skill set, geographic location, and cost of living considerations.
At Evoke compensation is more than just a base salary – that’s why we also offer a bonus and incentive scheme along with an exceptional range of flexible benefits, personal support and tailored learning and development opportunities all designed to help you realize your full potential both in life and at work – mental health recharge days and the chance to work with the industry’s most impressive people are just some of the ways we have designed Evoke around you.
For more information, get in touch and speak to a real human about how Evoke is the career destination for you.
Evoke is a global brand, experience, and communications agency platform, purpose-built to make health more humanTM
We’re a dynamic global healthcare platform of comprised of practice areas and speciality agencies – adaptive, agile and designed around our clients. We provide frictionless access to a uniquely comprehensive offering and one of the industry’s deepest and most dynamic collections of talent. We use data-driven insights, creativity, and applied innovation to solve the most complex of problems in our marketplace. Our digital-first perspective means we can unlock the potential of today and shape tomorrow.
It is our goal to provide our people with the best possible support and environment to grow and thrive. Our culture is entrepreneurial – embracing yet not stifling. We work hard because we love what we do. We believe strongly in intelligent innovation.
Evoke provides an exciting and flexible work environment, competitive salaries and outstanding company paid benefits including medical, dental, 401(k), tuition reimbursement.
Evoke is an equal opportunity employers.
Don't meet every job requirement? That's okay! Our company is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you're excited about this role, but your experience doesn't perfectly fit every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right person for this role or others.