VP, Marketing Science
New York, NY
VP, Performance Marketing Science
Evoke is a global brand, experience, and communications agency platform, purpose-built to make health more humanTM
We’re a dynamic global healthcare platform of comprised of practice areas and speciality agencies – adaptive, agile and designed around our clients. We provide frictionless access to a uniquely comprehensive offering and one of the industry’s deepest and most dynamic collections of talent. We use data-driven insights, creativity, and applied innovation to solve the most complex of problems in our marketplace. Our digital-first perspective means we can unlock the potential of today and shape tomorrow.
The VP of Performance Marketing Science is a senior analytics professional with deep experience mining data to tell the complete performance story of all programs and tactics within the marketing ecosystem for our clients. You’ve worked within healthcare marketing and have deep domain knowledge in analytics strategy, execution, data management and visualizations, reporting and measurement with both offline and online marketing channels. You will work with cross-functional teams to leverage Analytics, BI, predictive modelling, statistics, simulation, A/ B testing and economics to report on marketing effectiveness, efficiency and business value.
You have experience in and demonstrated examples of the following:
- Utilizing available business data to develop baseline metrics and methods of measurement that are valid across digital pipelines to ensure clear communication and accurate comparison of tactics
- Translating business goals into insightful and actionable learnings – understanding the ‘what’, synthesizing the ‘so what’, and recommending the ‘now what’
- Designing analytics plans and advanced tracking strategies for offline and online marketing plans
- Develop and lead a team of analysts that implements marketing analytics and provides insights to help internal and external stakeholders understand marketing performance, customer behaviors
- Be responsible and accountable for the quality, timeliness of project deliveries, and technical support for internal and external stakeholders
- Develop client relationships and establish yourself as their trusted “analytics confidant”
- Provide analytic, integrated solutions and ideas to improve decision-making and optimize campaigns
- Track market, technology and consumer demographics, attitudes, and perceptions across various clients
- Perform computational and statistical analysis of marketing strategies and tactics
- Work with data science to build machine learning and AI capabilities for our analytics practice
- Manage and provide support to internal teams through training sessions, mentoring, and support
- Be up to date on emerging technology and trends and work with the Digital team to build machine learning and AI capabilities in our data practice within the agency
- Design and implement best in class methods to capture and optimize digital data collection.
- Monitor systems, processes, warning messages and take appropriate actions to rectify issues.
- Partner with strategy on definition of KPIs and goals
- Define and document Analytics planning and advanced tracking strategy for offline and online programs
- Generate analytics reports with rich data visualizations
- Maintain supporting documentation of all analytics implementations and data taxonomies
- Perform QA testing to ensure analytics tracking is accurate and meets requirements
- Be accountable for the quality of the analytical deliveries and managing the quality of the outputs produced by the analytics team
- 8 – 10 years of experience in data analysis at an agency or within a marketing department
- Experience managing a team of 8-10 analysts
- Advanced degree in Engineering, Analytics or Computer Science and Data Science a plus
- Knowledge and insights into patient and healthcare providers’ behavior
- Extensive commercial experience in the pharmaceutical, biotech, or medical device space
- Experience working with paid, earned, and owned media channels
- Experience with healthcare industry and clinical data, with vendors such as Symphony Health, Crossix, Komodo or comparable providers
- Proven experience working with large amounts of claims data and physician data
- Working knowledge of data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI)
- Desire to contribute to analytical best practices and grow the Analytics team
- Excellent written/verbal communication, leadership, and project management skills
- Proactive and inquisitive thinker with the ability to work and learn independently in a fast-paced environment
- Desire to work cross-functionally, especially in collaborating with other teams and clients.
- A willingness to travel as necessary
Don't meet every job requirement? That's okay! Our company is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you're excited about this role, but your experience doesn't perfectly fit every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right person for this role or others.