Group Copy Supervisor
Group Copy Supervisor
Evoke is a global brand, experience, and communications agency platform, purpose-built to make health more humanTM
We’re a dynamic global healthcare platform of comprised of practice areas and speciality agencies – adaptive, agile and designed around our clients. We provide frictionless access to a uniquely comprehensive offering and one of the industry’s deepest and most dynamic collections of talent. We use data-driven insights, creativity, and applied innovation to solve the most complex of problems in our marketplace. Our digital-first perspective means we can unlock the potential of today and shape tomorrow.
Work from where you work best (remote role)
Your role as Group Copy Supervisor
The Group Copy Supervisor (GCS) is key in helping craft a comprehensive Healthcare Professional copy platforms for his or her assigned accounts. The CS not only executes the copy for certain projects, he or she will mentor and supervise more junior writers and act as a master brand product information specialist and be able to approach Medical/Legal/Regulatory (MLR) review with forethought. GCS reports to the Associate Creative Director (ACD) or Creative Director (CD).
Creative Role & Responsibilities
- Demonstrates high level of professional craftsmanship and superior writing skills
- Able to bring originality and innovative thinking while also being consistent with the brand messaging
- Be aware of, and familiar with, medical and scientific information that pertains to assigned brands
- Understands how to research and source credible information, and use it to craft copy that delivers on strategy
- Partners with assigned Art Director or ACD to develop impactful creative concepts
- Has confident presentation skills, is able to discuss and speak to the meaning behind their concepts
- Able to set priorities while handling multiple projects and to delegate work appropriately
- Establish thorough knowledge of client's business
- Contributes to new business activities
- Maintains important trends in Healthcare Arena and disseminates pertinent information to team and extended creative staff
- Continues to learn, is open to feedback and willing to explore further if necessary
- Supports planning and strategy in the development of creative or project briefs
- Supports in the evolution of brand personality and positioning
- Contributes to the daily execution of the workload
- Upholds process for manuscript management. Ensures direct reports follow process.
- Participate in day-to-day efforts on a pitch team, and attend pitches.
- Participates in brand planning meetings with Client.
- May be assigned to more than one account.
Qualifications include (but are not limited to)
- Writes clear, cohesive, scientific copy for multiple channels (print, digital, broadcast etc.)
- Able to unravel complex data to create a clear and compelling narrative
- Clear presenter with an education edge
- Ability to oversee others executing multiple projects and independently manage complex projects assigned
- Exhibits decisive problem-solving skills, has advanced listening and coping skills to remain clear-headed
- Understands how to use and apply medical references and validate with Medical Editor partner ahead of MLR submissions
- Knows AMA style
- Actively maintains an understanding of how work moves through the agency. Follows relevant agency Standard Operation Procedures (SOP)
- Understands the principles of production (print, online, broadcast etc.)
- With an art partner is able to run print and video shoots
- Viewed as a key part of his or her core team. Becomes a trusted partner to Account, Strategy and Project Management counterparts
- Collaboratively works with assigned partners
- Supervises and engages team/freelancers
- Responsible for training, reviewing and mentoring direct reports
- Valued by day to day and lead clients
Evoke provides an exciting and flexible work environment, competitive salaries and outstanding company paid benefits including medical, dental, 401(k), tuition reimbursement.
Don't meet every job requirement? That's okay! Our company is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you're excited about this role, but your experience doesn't perfectly fit every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right person for this role or others.