Head of Insights & Analytics – Communications
New York, NY
Head of Insights & Analytics – Communications
We are seeking an experienced and strategic-minded Head of Insights & Analytics to refine and lead our global healthcare communications team’s data and analytics offering and so that it is seen as industry leading. As, Head of Insights & Analytics, you will be responsible for analyzing data, generating requirements, building documentation, and supporting Evoke Comms in the development of data product/solutions. The role requires collaborating closely with leaders across the globe and serve as an advisor for key clients and opportunities in addition to evolving data products and services. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of leveraging data to optimize healthcare PR/Communications campaigns and drive business growth.
- Develop and operationalize a comprehensive data and analytics strategy, roadmap and frameworks that supports Evoke Comms objectives and business goals.
- In collaboration with senior leadership, develop strategy for Insights and Analytics, inclusive of development of new offerings/services or creation of proprietary tools, to aide differentiation in the market and support new business.
- Become a trusted advisor to clients and consult on growth opportunities, proactively identifying new ways to use data to solve communications challenges and drive growth.
- Collaborate with senior leadership (Chief Data Officer, Comms Heads of Digital & Social Engagement and Head of Strategy,) to refine measurement frameworks and ensure high caliber of KPI setting and benchmark-driven performance assessment and optimization across all work within the division.
- In collaboration with Operations and Specialty team leads, enhance processes and workflow, ensuring ongoing efficient management of resources.
- Serve as mentor for leadership across the Comms division in relation to insights and analytics while managing and growing the Comms Insights & Analytics team - guiding professional development, continuing education, and overseeing quality of team outputs.
- Provide visionary insights on emerging trends and technologies within the data and analytics landscape, ensuring the agency remains at the forefront of data-driven PR/Comms practices.
Data Collection and Management
- Oversee the collection, consolidation, and organization of relevant data to support landscape, channel or performance analysis. Guiding the sourcing of data across channels (earned media, paid, social, search, web), curating data on marketplace trends and from client-owned data through creation of methodology / project briefing documents.
- Keep abreast of new tools and technology to ensure our offering is industry leading and we are maximizing the use of tools we have.
- Structuring channel or data audits with documentation design to ensure robust analysis.
- Implement robust data governance practices to ensure data accuracy, consistency, and compliance with relevant regulations (e.g., GDPR, CCPA) and evolving data landscape
Data Analysis and Interpretation
- Lead a team of analysts in extracting actionable insights from complex datasets to inform PR/Comms strategies, new business proposals, client recommendations, and campaign optimizations.
- Deep experience and knowledge of interpreting diverse data sets e.g., earned media, native social analytics, paid social media campaigns, Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, search trends, etc.
- Guide remedy of issues found within data sets including identifying issues, solutions and managing efficient resolution.
- Conduct comprehensive data analyses to identify patterns, trends, and opportunities for enhancing the effectiveness of Communications campaigns.
Reporting and Visualization
- Experience in building and delivering presentations to mid-level and c-suite agency contacts and clients.
- Translate data into clear, compelling and actionable insights; contextualizing results and trends based on KPIs and robust benchmarks
- Utilize data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI) and to create compelling visual representations of data-driven insights for both internal stakeholders and clients.
- Develop and deliver regular reports, dashboards, and presentations that highlight the impact of Communications efforts on key business metrics.
- Cultivate reporting standards, templates and related documentation to enhance data storytelling and foster consistent, efficient delivery
- Collaborate closely with both the Comms agency and account leaders to provide data-driven guidance and recommendations for improving campaign performance, efficiencies and achieving set objectives.
- Identify capability requirements and resource gaps that limit performance of our campaigns for clients or our ability to execute within Insights and Analytics to the highest standard.
- Develop and operationalize guidance and frameworks that increase the quality of day-to-day work across Comms accounts, ensuring all recommendations and content created are data driven.
- Function as a trusted advisor to clients by presenting data-driven insights that align with their business goals and demonstrate the value of Communications efforts.
- Participate in client meetings and presentations to provide context and clarity on data analysis findings.
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Data Science, Insights, Analytics, or a related field.
- 10-15+ years of proven experience with the use of research and data in digital, marketing or communications strategies in a healthcare setting.
- Experience working with omnichannel media analytics.
- Strong leadership and team management skills, with experience leading and mentoring analytics teams.
- Experience with digital data technologies and partners (1st and 3rd party data, data lakes, identity solutions, etc.). Global experience preferred or demonstrated knowledge of data solutions across regions.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with data analysis tools (e.g., Netbase, NetbaseQuid, Brandwatch, Julius, Kantar and Meltwater).
- Hands-on analytics-based programming experience an advantage – SQL, Python
- Exceptional communications and presentation skills, capable of translating complex data insights into actionable recommendations for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Familiarity with PR/Communications practices, media landscape, and industry trends is a plus.
If you are an analytical thinker with a passion for data-driven decision-making and a background in communications, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity as the Head of Insights & Analytics at our growing and innovative agency. Join us in shaping the future of Healthcare Communications through the power of data.
Don't meet every job requirement? That's okay! Our company is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you're excited about this role, but your experience doesn't perfectly fit every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right person for this role or others.